Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Mill at One

Default Pebble Mill at One

Great location for a TV programme... the Foyer of the TV station....
    lots of space to interview guests... lots of floor to ceiling glass looking out
    over a huge lawn where in the summer they could stage events...
    like Diana Moran working out with 100 women ... ( all dressed in lycra )

Gorgeous presenters like Jan Leeming and Sue Cook ...

Default Re: Pebble Mill at One

What was it about?
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    What was it about?
    It was basically, what I would think of, the 1970s and 1980s equivalent of an afternoon version of This Morning - I believe that the 1970s and 1980s version was more of a magazine format, where in the 1990s it was more like a chat show, and Judi Spiers and Alan Titchmarsh were presenters - I am certain that Alan Partridge was based on presenters of the programme on top of others.

Paul Shane singing badly, and Owen Paul not hearing his cue to sing My Favourite Waste of Time are too unfortunate highlights. Bargain Hunt occupies the 1990s slot now, while the One O'clock News and (insert regional news here) occupies the 1970s and 1980s slot now.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

I recall the show. It was the kind of programme you watched when there was nothing else to do.
    I remember an event in which a music band refused to sing and play the instruments because they had to mime. So the music recording played while they just stood there. I cannot recall the band.

could be worth a look on U Tube

I remember my Mum used to like watching it.

Victoria Wood seemed to have it mind when coming up with the Margery & Joan sketches for As Seen On TV.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Slightly OT but ten years ago when I was a truck driver I'd park up for the night outside the remains of the building because the road had massive parking bays.

The ...Remains.... of Pebble Mill ???

I've seen some clips from Pebble Mill At One on some of the Doctor Who DVD extras. One with Patrick Troughton was fairly memorable circa the time of promoting The Five Doctors anniversary special.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Quote Originally Posted by beccabear67 View Post
    I've seen some clips from Pebble Mill At One on some of the Doctor Who DVD extras. One with Patrick Troughton was fairly memorable circa the time of promoting The Five Doctors anniversary special.
    I have fond memories if Pebble Mill at One ... maybe I associate it with school holidays or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro