Bbc 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbc 4

There are some good programmes on BBC4 to watch last night for 2 half hours.Travelling from North to South New Zealand islands by rail boat and road.Its one of those programmes where there is no narrator only sounds you here are trains on track going along etc.The scenery from train was so stunning what a beautiful country NZ is.You have to be quick to read the clips that come up about the journey.Have seem a few programmes like this once in Lapland the Huskies going through the snow pulling the sledges,a Yorkshire dale trip on the buses.Also a barge trip on the canals going through lock gates.It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I found watching these were really relaxing before going to bed.

Re: Bbc 4

There are some good BBC 4 programmes on - over Christmas I saw the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures on there like I do every year.

I used to think that BBC 4 was the Guardian reader's channel because of the programmes being more highbrow than BBC 2, but it can be welcoming, and I am glad that it was BBC 3 that got the push from the Sky Digital platform rather than BBC 4.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      There are some good BBC 4 programmes on - over Christmas I saw the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures on there like I do every year.

I used to think that BBC 4 was the Guardian reader's channel because of the

programmes being more highbrow than BBC 2, but it can be welcoming, and I am
      glad that it was BBC 3 that got the push from the Sky Digital platform rather than
      BBC 4.
      I like BBC4 there are a lot of interesting programmes to watch

Comment

Yep, lots of art related programmes on BBC4 ...i watch this channel a lot
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Yep, lots of art related programmes on BBC4 ...i watch this channel a lot
          Including musicians

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            Including musicians
            Indeed, i enjoy the non mainstream biographies of many of the musicians featured on BBC4 , and the channel will happily show programmes from all genres of music from classical to rock and everything inbetween
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              Indeed, i enjoy the non mainstream biographies of many of the musicians featured on BBC4 , and the channel will happily show programmes from all genres of music from classical to rock and everything inbetween
              So do I

Comment

When it was launched in 2003 I think, they had that slogan "everyone needs a place to think" or something, and it did make me think that it was a TV channel equivalent of reading The Guardian.

Don't forget that Only Connect started out on BBC 4 as well - great quiz, but Victoria Coren-Mitchell does feel Guardian-esque in her gambits.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X