Thread: Bbc 4

Default Bbc 4

There are some good programmes on BBC4 to watch last night for 2 half hours.Travelling from North to South New Zealand islands by rail boat and road.Its one of those programmes where there is no narrator only sounds you here are trains on track going along etc.The scenery from train was so stunning what a beautiful country NZ is.You have to be quick to read the clips that come up about the journey.Have seem a few programmes like this once in Lapland the Huskies going through the snow pulling the sledges,a Yorkshire dale trip on the buses.Also a barge trip on the canals going through lock gates.It may not be everybody's cup of tea but I found watching these were really relaxing before going to bed.

Default Re: Bbc 4

There are some good BBC 4 programmes on - over Christmas I saw the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures on there like I do every year.

I used to think that BBC 4 was the Guardian reader's channel because of the programmes being more highbrow than BBC 2, but it can be welcoming, and I am glad that it was BBC 3 that got the push from the Sky Digital platform rather than BBC 4.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    There are some good BBC 4 programmes on - over Christmas I saw the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures on there like I do every year.

I used to think that BBC 4 was the Guardian reader's channel because of the

programmes being more highbrow than BBC 2, but it can be welcoming, and I am
    glad that it was BBC 3 that got the push from the Sky Digital platform rather than
    BBC 4.
    I like BBC4 there are a lot of interesting programmes to watch

Yep, lots of art related programmes on BBC4 ...i watch this channel a lot
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Yep, lots of art related programmes on BBC4 ...i watch this channel a lot
    Including musicians

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Including musicians
    Indeed, i enjoy the non mainstream biographies of many of the musicians featured on BBC4 , and the channel will happily show programmes from all genres of music from classical to rock and everything inbetween
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Indeed, i enjoy the non mainstream biographies of many of the musicians featured on BBC4 , and the channel will happily show programmes from all genres of music from classical to rock and everything inbetween
    So do I

When it was launched in 2003 I think, they had that slogan "everyone needs a place to think" or something, and it did make me think that it was a TV channel equivalent of reading The Guardian.

Don't forget that Only Connect started out on BBC 4 as well - great quiz, but Victoria Coren-Mitchell does feel Guardian-esque in her gambits.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!