Fish and Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fish and Chips

There are a couple of nice fish and chip places near to where I live and one of them says that they that their fish and chips are the best in the area!

Just a bit of salt and have them wrapped up and that's all there is to it.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Wollaton is one of the few Nottingham City Council areas that is decent to live in (and that's saying something as a person who knows Nottingham like the back of their hand!) - probably not surprising that they also have one of the best fish and chip shops in the area as well.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you - I was without a computer since last Friday.

I have never been in the Cod's Scallops, but I know there is one on Mansfield Road as

well which I am aware of - I pass it on the bus quite regularly.
        I had noticed you haven't been around lot of catching up to do if computer out of action

Comment

Wollaton is one of the few Nottingham City Council areas that is decent to live in (and that's saying something as a person who knows Nottingham like the back of their hand!) - probably not surprising that they also have one of the best fish and chip shops in the area as well.
          A well off better part of Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            I had noticed you haven't been around lot of catching up to do if computer out of action
            Yes, I managed to catch up last night. Still frustrating when it does go out of order.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

A well off better part of Nottingham
              Yes, it is one of the few City areas where Conservative councillors get a good chance of getting elected - I used to live within the city boundary, and Wollaton would have been my choice of place to live if I couldn't move beyond the boundary. Thankfully, I could move out with a bit of help, and so did just that.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes, it is one of the few City areas where Conservative councillors get a good chance of getting elected - I used to live within the city boundary, and Wollaton would have been my choice of place to live if I couldn't move beyond the boundary. Thankfully, I could move out with a bit of help, and so did just
                that.
                Win the lotto and move on that's if you play the game the set for life is best one 1.50 line top prize 10k a month for 30 years how wonderful

Comment

I love fish and chips straight from the paper, i sit in my lounge with it and cover it in ketchup.
                  I eat the batter first, then check the fish for bones before i eat it.
                  Does anyone else check for bones?

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                    I love fish and chips straight from the paper, i sit in my lounge with it and cover it in ketchup.
                    I eat the batter first, then check the fish for bones before i eat it.
                    Does anyone else check for bones?
                    No, i know i have bones
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                      No, i know i have bones
                      Creaking ones lol

Comment

Win the lotto and move on that's if you play the game the set for life is best one 1.50 line top prize 10k a month for 30 years how wonderful
                        I gave up after winning £10 back in 1996, but if I did win the Lottery or had the WWTBAM jackpot (bearing in mind that I have never entered for that in my life), I would choose a house in the middle of the countryside, or even the coast. When I visited Bournemouth last year, I was talking about this on the thread that I started last September.

Speaking of Bournemouth, I will get back on topic and say that the Harry Ramsdens in Bournemouth do great fish and chips as well! - I have also sampled them from their Eastbourne takeaway in 2014 as well.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          No, i know i have bones
                          We all have bones - it's a fact of life.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I first went to Bournemouth in August 1979 loved it.It was a working fortnight in Bournemouth square the old local vehicle office issuing tax discs for vehicles which is no longer there.It was a glorious 2 weeks sunny and warm oh those days

Comment

Lovely place to stay - I stayed on Westover Road and it was brilliant!

If you cannot get fish and chips from seaside places, then where can you go?
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

We must be a bit civilized here as we get fish and/or chips in plain brown paper with nothing printed on it. The Newspaper is the next layer; so no ink on ours. Never found any real fish & chips in the U.S. west coast from Alaska to California, they all get it wrong. Usually breaded fish, not battered for one thing, and never heard of malt vinegar usually (I can't have mushy peas anyway so I don't miss that). Some will actually serve something from frozen called Tater Tots in place of chips, gads!
                                My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
                                X