Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fish and Chips

Default Re: Fish and Chips

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    A well off better part of Nottingham
    Yes, it is one of the few City areas where Conservative councillors get a good chance of getting elected - I used to live within the city boundary, and Wollaton would have been my choice of place to live if I couldn't move beyond the boundary. Thankfully, I could move out with a bit of help, and so did just that.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Yes, it is one of the few City areas where Conservative councillors get a good chance of getting elected - I used to live within the city boundary, and Wollaton would have been my choice of place to live if I couldn't move beyond the boundary. Thankfully, I could move out with a bit of help, and so did just
    that.
    Win the lotto and move on that's if you play the game the set for life is best one 1.50 line top prize 10k a month for 30 years how wonderful

I love fish and chips straight from the paper, i sit in my lounge with it and cover it in ketchup.
    I eat the batter first, then check the fish for bones before i eat it.
    Does anyone else check for bones?

Quote Originally Posted by Danniella View Post
    I love fish and chips straight from the paper, i sit in my lounge with it and cover it in ketchup.
    I eat the batter first, then check the fish for bones before i eat it.
    Does anyone else check for bones?
    No, i know i have bones
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    No, i know i have bones
    Creaking ones lol

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Win the lotto and move on that's if you play the game the set for life is best one 1.50 line top prize 10k a month for 30 years how wonderful
    I gave up after winning 10 back in 1996, but if I did win the Lottery or had the WWTBAM jackpot (bearing in mind that I have never entered for that in my life), I would choose a house in the middle of the countryside, or even the coast. When I visited Bournemouth last year, I was talking about this on the thread that I started last September.

Speaking of Bournemouth, I will get back on topic and say that the Harry Ramsdens in Bournemouth do great fish and chips as well! - I have also sampled them from their Eastbourne takeaway in 2014 as well.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    No, i know i have bones
    We all have bones - it's a fact of life.

I first went to Bournemouth in August 1979 loved it.It was a working fortnight in Bournemouth square the old local vehicle office issuing tax discs for vehicles which is no longer there.It was a glorious 2 weeks sunny and warm oh those days

Lovely place to stay - I stayed on Westover Road and it was brilliant!

If you cannot get fish and chips from seaside places, then where can you go?

We must be a bit civilized here as we get fish and/or chips in plain brown paper with nothing printed on it. The Newspaper is the next layer; so no ink on ours. Never found any real fish & chips in the U.S. west coast from Alaska to California, they all get it wrong. Usually breaded fish, not battered for one thing, and never heard of malt vinegar usually (I can't have mushy peas anyway so I don't miss that). Some will actually serve something from frozen called Tater Tots in place of chips, gads!
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles