Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shakin Stevens

Originally posted by Mischief View Post
    I loved Shaky and not in the slightest bit ashamed to admit it! I had all of his singles, albums & my bedroom walls were covered (not a millimetre left free) in posters!

I was soooo pleased when he won that reality programme (although, I hate reality tv & can't remember what it was called, although I did vote for him several times!)

I bought his new album much to the disgust of my partner, since were both into rock/heavy metal he was horrified, especially when I played it in the car, with the windows down!! lol

Long live Shaky!!
    Amazing how many weird looks you get when you're playing Shaky. Being a fan since the early 80's you do get used to it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
      I don't know why, but when I saw you signing up,I wondered which thread you would post on
      Should've said I was a fan of Iron maiden then lol!!!

Comment

I used to thrash "You drive me crazy" ..

Comment

I liked alot of his stuff.
          he never seemed to age.
          merry christmas was a great hit.

Comment

Rubbish Elvis impersonator

Comment

When I was in Sainsbury's on Wednesday I noticed that he has a greatest hits album out. I nearly bought it.

Comment

My Other half was in to his music before he made it big.
                I like the hits, can't judge the early stuff as I've not heard it but he swears it was better.
                Last edited by sixtyten; 16-12-2008, 14:23.
                One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Shakin Stevens

Went to one of his shows he was great.

Green Door
                  Julie
                  This old House
                  Cry just a little bit

Just some of the songs he sang I liked.
                  Last edited by Shirl; 28-02-2009, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                    Anyone else what to own up to being a Shaky fan? Shaky was my 2nd pop hero after David Soul.

You can't deny songs such as the following were 80's classics

This Ole House
                    green door
                    oh julie
                    Its Late
                    Lipstick Powder and Paint
                    It's Raining is probably my favourite track, along with I'll Be Satisfied. Sea Cruise, Baby That Is Rock and Roll... I'm going to have to dig out my old cassettes if I still have them.

But onto your other idol, David Soul...

Playing To An Audience of One - hell yeah! Silver Lady, Nobody But A Fool Or A Preacher, Mary's Fancy, Don't Give Up On Us, I Wish I Was (actually performed on Starsky and Hutch with Hutch singing to his ex wife I think it was - then she ended up murdered with Hutch's gun while he was out jogging or shopping)...

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
                      It's Raining is probably my favourite track, along with I'll Be Satisfied. Sea Cruise, Baby That Is Rock and Roll... I'm going to have to dig out my old cassettes if I still have them.

But onto your other idol, David Soul...

Playing To An Audience of One - hell yeah! Silver Lady, Nobody But A Fool Or A Preacher, Mary's Fancy, Don't Give Up On Us, I Wish I Was (actually performed on Starsky and Hutch with Hutch singing to his ex wife I think it was - then she ended up murdered with Hutch's gun while he was out jogging or shopping)...
                      Ah it's raining I'm sure I have/had the picture disc of that, will have to go a hunting. I'd completely forgot about that , so cheers

My David Soul vinyl is long gone, I do have Silver Lady and Dont Give Up On Us on my pc, they occasionally get an airing
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

You can't buy the album I mentioned on CD, but it is on Vodafone's music service. Weird.

Comment

I'm 26 and have been a Shaky fan since I was 5. I'm not ashamed to admit it either. I have his entire back catalogue on vinyl and listen to them every weekend when doing the housework.
                          I was ecstatic when he won Hit Me Baby One More Time the other year. Nothing against the other acts but it was obvious from day one that he would win it.
                          I've not seen him live since 1991 when he released There's Only Two Kinds of Music...Rock N Roll at Fairfield Halls in Croydon and would really want to go and see him again.

Comment

Working...
                          X