Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been very quiet on here

Default It's been very quiet on here

Abliet I was'nt on at Xmas as was away and I have had personal problems and family problems since October so could not always get on - only odd days as I was on a different computer etc with the password stored and could not acsess my Email Addy given to re-send it - but now I have a bit more time, but upon looking on here on each catergory - not many have posted recently or it is similar in that many reply's are similar and change with the time in that it appears topical at the time with similar responses

I hope it picks up again though soon as it's great old threads can be replied to, but as much as I wil always be on here - even if not daily posting, this is a great method to reply - though I think there is probably about 10 of us plus Heather, HG and Daddy who post regular and I guess I'm saying as a niche forum (and one of the old kind style before Social Media) I hope it survives many years - as it seems extremley remotely quiet with each Catergory's Post headlined lates-wise, when I'm checking and that I can't think of new repliy's to always add to posts or say if new ones don't always interest me etc

80sChav

Default Re: It's been very quiet on here

I only returned a couple of months ago after personal problems myself.I didn't realise how much I missed this forum long live dyr lol nice to see you back anyway

Yep, i noticed a lack of activity around here but i suspect a lot of people are logging in to browse without contributing, just look at the ratio of views to replies
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

I have been without a computer since Friday night - it packed in while I was using it, hence the fact that I was unable to use the forum this week until now. Thankfully my computer has a new lease of life (courtesy of a new motherboard) and now everything is back to normal, and so I will around for some time yet!
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I have been without a computer since Friday night - it packed in while I was using it, hence the fact that I was unable to use the forum this week until now. Thankfully my computer has a new lease of life (courtesy of a new motherboard) and now everything is back to normal, and so I will around for some
    time yet!
    Wouldn't be the same with out you George lol

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I have been without a computer since Friday night - it packed in while I was using it, hence the fact that I was unable to use the forum this week until now. Thankfully my computer has a new lease of life (courtesy of a new motherboard) and now everything is back to normal, and so I will around for some time yet!
    I didn't notice your absence as i was also away! But i would've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Wouldn't be the same with out you George lol
    Wouldn't be the same without my computer.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I only returned a couple of months ago after personal problems myself.I didn't realise how much I missed this forum long live dyr lol nice to see you back anyway
    This is so true - I agree yes At times I have been on twice a week at the start and end of a week and you certainly appreciate it more (when there are tons of posts t reply) and time is of an essence Lol

The only downside to that peak though is when it becomes very very quiet and you have tojust "wait, wait, wait" after you have replied to all the posts you want to!!
    80sChav

could be that sites like Facebook are getting people away from forums...
    so easy to post pics on there and videos too...
    prob is I cant get on there, they are demanding a mobile phone No
    which I dont want to give them..... its like 1984 on steroids.....

Just be thankful that you cannot get on Facebook - I find it too easy to get on there!