Farahs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farahs

Does anyone remember Farahs. About twenty years ago. I remember as a teenager me and my friends loving the boys bums in them lol I seem to remember they had back perms too.

Re: Farahs

ahhhh, yes At one point they were the only trousers my brother would wear, those and chinos. Along with a t-shirt that had to be over £30, more money than sense, my dad use to go nuts!!!
    Heather

Comment

yeah farahs! if you wanted to look trendy mid 80's in my school it had to be farah trousers, fred perry jumper & seasider shoes

Comment

If the trousers didnt have a little orange tag with an F on it they didnt get worn

Everyone wore Farrah's, usually bought from the market lol

Comment

I have a confession to make to my school friends that although they thought i was wearing farahs, they were nothing but cheap imatations, my mum use to stich the farah label every year from the the same old recycled pair of which were handed down from my older brother... no one ever guessed...

Comment

hated them for years as they were worn by the straight kids but got a pair and loved them. great fit

Comment

I think i had one pair of them, light grey if i remember correctly.

Anyone have stay pressed trousrs at the start of the 80s?
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Yeah, I had a pair of grey ones that I wore to school. But remember what came before Farrahs? - Waffle trousers.
                I could probably wear Farrahs again but Waffles, NO WAY...

Comment

Waffles! arggh! I hated the fashion around then, girls in Farahs, tie neck blouses, wedge haircuts, loafers, Gabicci cardigans
                  horrid!

Comment

Not just Farahs but Farahs which had been "snipped" up the sides a little at the bottom so they sat well on the old Kickers or trainers - poncey casuals.

Trouble with Farahs and Waffles (apart from waffles being uber uncomfy) was thay they wore out pretty quick on the rock hard BMX seats.
                    Sta-press were the go, nice and comfy.

Tonics anyone?

Comment

Never saw anyone do that to farahs..Lois /Lee jeans yes,not Farahs no

Comment

Sta -press for me especially the two-tone ones cut off above the monkey boots.
                        The eyes have it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Farah's put simply where and still are brilliant Trousers indeed - no doubts I think I never owned any but all the cool lids round where I lived owned them and then they became fashionable for going out in - to Clubs and Pubs!

Probably for Smart-Casual wear in the 1980s/1990s Farah's and cords really really are equal in such circles of Trouser Fashion and Trends I'd say/hazard at a guess at! It was either one or the other no doubts!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                            ahhhh, yes At one point they were the only trousers my brother would wear, those and chinos. Along with a t-shirt that had to be over £30, more money than sense, my dad use to go nuts!!!
                            It sounds like your brother was amongst people I knew Heather! I was into Farrar's in a "deep way" back in the day as I was cords too. These where the only ones I was keen on too 9at least for going out in) , though I never would not of paid less than 30 quid for a T-Shirt (though it may be different now Lol)

80sChav

Comment

anyone remember which style/model of farah everyone wore back then?

Comment

Working...
                              X