Fly tipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fly tipping

Seeing it was refuse collection yesterday a lot of the plastic recycling was blown into the roads due to high winds a right mess it caused

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
      Seeing it was refuse collection yesterday a lot of the plastic recycling was blown into the roads due to high winds a right mess it caused
      Yeah, the side roads in particular are a real mess here, strewn with dead branches and twigs
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        The wind sometimes blows the lid of the bin open and so the contents risk spilling out.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

There is a programme on BBC1 each morning called The defenders, this morning it featured two men who were touting themselves as a registered refuse removal company who removed and disposed of all your unwanted rubbish in line with govt legislation. The reality was they were just a couple of scruffy good for nothings making a fast buck without a thought for the environment. The pair were filmed tipping 105 binbags full of rubbish collected from an unsuspecting bar owner who had paid the louts £350 on the assumption that it was going to the tip (recycling centre), the reality was that the pair were taking a happy jaunt into the countryside where they would tip the lot into a field, luckily the council were able to trace the bar owner from addressed envelopes in one of the bags, he in turn gave the council the name of the louts involved. They were both arrested and appeared in court where they both got suspended jail sentences of 14 months, a huge fine, 120 hours community service and the best retribution of all the vehicle was seized and crushed RESULT!

Comment

What goes around comes around serves them right

Comment

SPAM ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The local council got complaints about people leaving old furniture next to the bins - I have never done that, but I can understand why people would get upset about it.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst

Because they don't want to pay the council for coming to collect it from pavement outside their homes.Depending on where you live I believe its £30 for 3 items in my town
                  This time last year our council was charging 5 for £15 during lock down it shot up to 3 for £30
                  Heather

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst

Because they don't want to pay the council for coming to collect it from pavement outside their homes. Depending on where you live I believe its £30 for 3 items in my town
                    Considering that a lot of old furniture can be reused if not recycled, it is a reason not to throw them out - "bric-a-brac" as Brian Cant would have said.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Pity they cannot use the Yellow Pages to get rid of them.

"I'm looking for a book called Fly Tipping by JR Hartley - it is rather old..."
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

one thing i notice is that locals here are super super clean with there houses but dont care about outside even in there own street.

Ive started lifting litter in y own street even bin men wont lift litter off the ground.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                        X