Fly tipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly tipping

Why do they do it ruining our beautiful countryside dumping rubbish out of vehicles because their to lazy or cant be bothered to dispose of junk in the appropriate recycling centres.polluting rivers canals chucking their rubbish making places look unsightly when volunteers have to come along and clean up after them.For instance someone dumped an old piece of rug or mat in the middle of the rd.It does annoy me seeing this are they slinging things out of their car windows on purpose beggars belief

Re: Fly tipping

When it is just a case of joe bloggs needing to get shut of an old mattress and he/she throws it in a lay by this is just laziness as there is usually a recycling centre (not a tip) within a couple of miles drive of most peoples homes, however i suspect the bigger problem is tradesmen and removal firms who now have to pay to tip trade waste and items which are no longer wanted at recycling centres. Also new legislation is coming into play which restricts tradesmen from visiting sites more than once a day and which i suspect will only make the problem of tipping worse
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

The problem that it is also seen as fly tipping when people put the wrong rubbish in the bin or something - I have heard of people getting into trouble with their local council when that actually happened.

Even I have to tread carefully so that I put things in the right bin and not into a neighbour's, and of course, we have a communal bin for the black binbag rubbish.

Bring back weekly bin connections.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        When it is just a case of joe bloggs needing to get shut of an old mattress and he/she throws it in a lay by this is just laziness as there is usually a recycling centre (not a tip) within a couple of miles drive of most peoples homes, however i suspect the bigger problem is tradesmen and removal firms who now have

to pay to tip trade waste and items which are no longer wanted at recycling centres.

Also new legislation is coming into play which restricts tradesmen from visiting sites
        more than once a day and which i suspect will only make the problem of tipping
        worse
        Seen plenty of mattress been dumped .If you leave fridges washing machines out for the council to collect and pay for them to take it,you have to keep an eye out for travellers with their truck going around looking for scrap metal.Last week we heard a beep beep outside it was them on the look for junk their truck was full of bits scrap old bikes washing machines etc

Comment

It's not just here, I remember being in Turkey a few years ago before the holiday season had fully started & some empty holiday homes had loads of rubbish dumped in the gardens.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Whenever I hear the phrase "fly tipping" I keep thinking that JR Hartley wrote a book about it...
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I saw an old holdall been dumped in the gutter any money would have been long gone

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                I saw an old holdall been dumped in the gutter any money would have been long gone
                I found a hold-all in the local park ...open and on its side with stuff falling out ..

I got an battery powered retractable tape measure ( good make ) plus a few more tools
                !!

I couldn’t decide if they’d been stolen and discarded or if it was a thief’s toolbag ..

It was a good find though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It wasn't the burglar that ran off with the loot

Comment

It wasn't the burglar that ran off with the loot

Maybe they just took the more valuable stuff and left the rest ..

Maybe the retractable tape measure had them stumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It was probably old and the owner wanted to get rid of it.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I saw a sign today any fly tipping £75 fine hidden cameras

Comment

Big Brother again...
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                            Big Brother again...
                            Yes watching you

Comment

Of course, fly tipping isn't quite as bad as dogs fouling the local pavements and the owners not bothering to clear up after them.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X