Thread: Supasnaps

Default Supasnaps

I was watching old ad breaks from the mid 1980s on YouTube and I came across one for Supasnaps, the photography processing shop, and I have wondered whatever happen to them? - did they become part of Max Spielman or did they just go into liquidation in the early 1990s or something? The advert had a very yellow themed one with the words or logo in red everywhere, even on the back pocket of two people's jeans or trousers when they were together.

I know that when one handed in your photographic film to be developed, they gave you a free camera of any choice of colour (even though I didn't use mine) or something with the prints, or a free film. It does remind me of my first trip to the American Adventure in May 1989 and my late father nipping in our film to a branch of Supasnaps while I was at school, so they were done before the end of the day and I could see the pictures as soon as I got home. The photograph wallet was yellow as well, so I assume that it was the same firm.

Since the 1990s I have always favoured Boots for their one hour or overnight service, and so other shops like Supasnaps have been forgotten about - they are not to be confused with Snappy Snaps which I assume are still around?

Are they still around, even if it is under another name, these days?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Default Re: Supasnaps

Did they go out of business when digital cameras became popular not sure

Also Truprint, are they still a thing?
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

4. Default Re: Supasnaps

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Yeah I use truprint online

I think there is a Max Spielman still open in Manchester.

Quite a few photo shops installed machines for printing your digital photos, I used in Boots when I wanted a wedding photo for my desk at work.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    They were always a "pop your film in an envelope and post it" company, the same as Bonusprint - they often fell out of the Sunday magazine supplements back in the 1980s.

I know that Max Spielman are very much still around, but I was wondering whether they took over Supasnaps?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Of course, Supasnaps were not spelt "Supersnaps" (one company is listed on Google when searched), or even Snappy Snaps which was a different company.