Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to remember an 80s safety educational series about a boy and his dog

Hi folks!

I'm trying to remember a piece of 80s television, but I can't find anything on it. I think it may have been part of a safety educational series, but it could also have been part of something like Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade.

It involved a boy with a small dog who was part of a team. The boy and his dog would go out into the world, and the other members of the team (children) would be in some sort of control room and could see everything on a screen. I also remember that the boy wore a blazer of some sort.

The episode (if you can call it that) which I remember involved the boy going to a dangerous building site, and after a bit of prodding about fell in some sort of hole and he got buried by dirt (presumably died), and the dog was sniffing around where he got buried. The team back at the control room hit a button and the boy (plus his dog) appeared back there unharmed to report.

As stated I think it was just safety shorts that maybe lasted ten minutes or so, but I've been trying to find something on the internet about it but I just can't find a single thing.

If anyone can remember this and maybe have a name for it I'd be very grateful if you could tell me.

Thanks!

Re: Trying to remember an 80s safety educational series about a boy and his dog

Was it only shown in Scotland? (I note that you are in Glasgow).
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Re: Trying to remember an 80s safety educational series about a boy and his dog

It's Building Sites Bite from 1978.

Comment

Working...
      X