Felixstowe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felixstowe

I was just thinking about later on this year when I go away for a few days around my birthday at the end of August - it is difficult this year by virtue of it falling on a Sunday, and the August Bank Holiday being the day afterwards. As you probably know, I like visiting theatres around the country and this year it is difficult to see a birthday showing of something as the touring casts are travelling between theatres around the country on the Sunday (well, they need at least one day in order to do it), so this year, I have my work cut out.

A straw poll of some of the theatres say that they haven't got anything planned for any date in August, never mind the end of that month. However, three of the theatres seem to have something on that day - the Blackpool Grand Theatre has a Motown concert - the Magic of Motown - wouldn't mind going to that even though I have been to Blackpool before, but every time I go there something bad seems to happen, (but not like Alan Bradley), and sometimes I never seem to make there at all; The Bridlington Spa has Rule the Would - a Take That tribute thing (the Cannon and Ball show they had a couple of years before would have been a lot more tolerable).

And then I found out that out of all of British showbusiness, the one and only Joe Pasquale was performing, at the Spa Theatre in Felixstowe of all places, which made me think that the squeaky-voiced funnyman would be my choice to be entertained on my birthday, and so I would probably choose to book tickets to see him. If the town has a good Premier Inn, a few fish and chip shops and McDonald's, a good High Street and some great places to visit, then I might oblige. However, I am looking at other places to see if that can do better than that - it is in six and a half months' time of course.

Is there anyone on here who is local to Felixstowe or has been on holiday or a daytrip there? - what is it like as a holiday destination? I did Bournemouth last year which I had not done prior to that, and the closest I have done to Felixstowe was Ipswich in 2012.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: Felixstowe

Haven't been there why not George somewhere new is like an adventure

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I was just thinking about later on this year when I go away for a few days around my birthday at the end of August - it is difficult this year by virtue of it falling on a Sunday, and the August Bank Holiday being the day afterwards. As you probably know, I like visiting theatres around the country and this year it is difficult to see a birthday showing of something as the touring casts are travelling between theatres around the country on the Sunday (well, they need at least one day in order to do it), so this year, I have my work cut out.

A straw poll of some of the theatres say that they haven't got anything planned for any date in August, never mind the end of that month. However, three of the theatres seem to have something on that day - the Blackpool Grand Theatre has a Motown concert - the Magic of Motown - wouldn't mind going to that even though I have been to Blackpool before, but every time I go there something bad seems to happen, (but not like Alan Bradley), and sometimes I never seem to make there at all; The Bridlington Spa has Rule the Would - a Take That tribute thing (the Cannon and Ball show they had a couple of years before would have been a lot more tolerable).

And then I found out that out of all of British showbusiness, the one and only Joe Pasquale was performing, at the Spa Theatre in Felixstowe of all places, which made me think that the squeaky-voiced funnyman would be my choice to be entertained on my birthday, and so I would probably choose to book tickets to see him. If the town has a good Premier Inn, a few fish and chip shops and McDonald's, a good High Street and some great places to visit, then I might oblige. However, I am looking at other places to see if that can do better than that - it is in six and a half months' time of course.

Is there anyone on here who is local to Felixstowe or has been on holiday or a daytrip there? - what is it like as a holiday destination? I did Bournemouth last year which I had not done prior to that, and the closest I have done to Felixstowe was Ipswich in 2012.
      Have never been to Felixstowe George, but I'd not advize Bridlington (sorry to anybody from on here who lives there) but it'd be fair to say and i'm sure they'd not mind me saying it is a dump

It is 25 years since i left that area and it had a Bad Reputation then (or a good with many people moving from Mainstream Yorkshire/top of the east mids) to get away from City-life and the like, but even Scarbrough has a ad name for Crime now - but sorry to say Brid is a dive now and in my opinion it has overtaken the once horrible Mablethorpe as a dump in terms of rancid Cheap shops! Scarbrough on the other hand is still nice and respecting/respectfull - but I guess it still has no go areas of a night 9though i'm unsure which/where) or would'nt like to say on here

Whitby and Filey on the hand's are quite nice - though are devoid of Theatres, but I'm still sure they have "iffy districts", though Filey less so as it is very small!

80sChav
      Last edited by 80sChav; 16-02-2020, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Have never been to Felixstowe George, but I'd not advize Bridlington (sorry to anybody from on here who lives there) but it'd be fair to say and i'm sure they'd not mind me saying it is a dump

It is 25 years since i left that area and it had a Bad Reputation then (or a good with many people moving from Mainstream Yorkshire/top of the east mids) to get away from City-life and the like, but even Scarbrough has a ad name for Crime now - but sorry to say Brid is a dive now and in my opinion it has overtaken the once horrible Mablethorpe as a dump in terms of rancid Cheap shops! Scarbrough on the other hand is still nice and respecting/respectfull - but I guess it still has no go areas of a night 9though i'm unsure which/where) or would'nt like to say on here

Whitby and Filey on the hand's are quite nice - though are devoid of Theatres, but I'm still sure they have "iffy districts", though Filey less so as it is very small!

80sChav
        Again ive never been to Felixstowe but i do love the east coast, not been to Brid in a while but it was quite nice last time i did
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
        X