Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FA Cup Finals

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    I wish they had abandoned this game to be honest .

That's 90 minutes of my life I won't be getting back
    No, it's been 5.30 for a good few years now
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The F.A. Cup final is, I think, starting to become lost in the myriad of football games now televised. Pre-Sky, the F.A. Cup final was one of a very few live games that could be seen on TV. Now it is one among hundreds, and I think it is losing its special place in the TV and football calendar, and that is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        It is F.A. Cup final day and kick-off is at 5.30pm. I have no idea why the traditional 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Also, to be honest, although I shall watch the match, the excitement of the day in years gone by is, for me, now very diminished. I had actually forgotten it was the final today until my dad reminded me, plus I had to check who was playing. Sad, but it just isn't the same as it used to be.
        I had to chuckle at part of the Beeb's build-up - they were in a VIP bar and all the (clearly visible) big screens were set to Sky Sports!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

The poor girl singing the national anthem missed her cue she started half way through.

She could not hear her cue.

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          i had to chuckle at part of the beeb's build-up - they were in a vip bar and all the (clearly visible) big screens were set to sky sports! :d
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X