Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: FA Cup Finals

Default Re: FA Cup Finals

yes thats right the beeb and itv covered it forgot about that until it was mentioned on tv the other day

to much importance now on the champions lge is another reason i feel its lost its appeal.

I even heard on the radio a fan saying he was glad to be out of the f a cup so his team could concetrate on other lge fixtures.

You would never have heard such a thing going back 20 yrs.

Semi finals at wembley is another thing i dont like its just about money takes yet more tradition out of it..

Only the final at wembley please.

yeah half five whats that about.

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    5.30pm seems such a strange time when 3pm was kick-off time for the f.a cup final ever since i can remember and i don't know what the justification could be for moving it. Yes, back in the day, and that was not so long ago, excitement on cup final day was palpable throughout the country, with itv and bbc trying to outdo each other in their coverage. Now, it is only bbc that is covering it along with bt. I really fear that the f.a.cup is slowly going the way of the league cup--or whatever it is called nowadays, with less and less importance and relevance placed on it compared to the premier league title. Agree with you completely, darren; tradition is going out of the window.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Oh yes and the cup final songs too.

remember those cream coloured suits a team wore one year while on the pitch before the match and one year steven morrow for arsenal was hoisted in the air by another player and i think he fell.

5.30pm seems such a strange time when 3pm was kick-off time for the F.A Cup final ever since I can remember and I don't know what the justification could be for moving it. Yes, back in the day, and that was not so long ago, excitement on cup final day was palpable throughout the country, with ITV and BBC trying to outdo each other in their coverage. Now, it is only BBC that is covering it along with BT. I really fear that the F.A.Cup is slowly going the way of the League Cup--or whatever it is called nowadays, with less and less importance and relevance placed on it compared to the Premier League title. Agree with you completely, Darren; tradition is going out of the window.
    It's presumably because Sky are showing the Scottish Cup Final at 3 pm .

I can't remember if this is the first time that the 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Was it 3pm last year?

I can't remember if this is the first time that the 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Was it 3pm last year?
    I wish they had abandoned this game to be honest .

That's 90 minutes of my life I won't be getting back

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I wish they had abandoned this game to be honest .

That's 90 minutes of my life I won't be getting back
    No, it's been 5.30 for a good few years now
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

The F.A. Cup final is, I think, starting to become lost in the myriad of football games now televised. Pre-Sky, the F.A. Cup final was one of a very few live games that could be seen on TV. Now it is one among hundreds, and I think it is losing its special place in the TV and football calendar, and that is a shame.

It is F.A. Cup final day and kick-off is at 5.30pm. I have no idea why the traditional 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Also, to be honest, although I shall watch the match, the excitement of the day in years gone by is, for me, now very diminished. I had actually forgotten it was the final today until my dad reminded me, plus I had to check who was playing. Sad, but it just isn't the same as it used to be.
    I had to chuckle at part of the Beeb's build-up - they were in a VIP bar and all the (clearly visible) big screens were set to Sky Sports!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

The poor girl singing the national anthem missed her cue she started half way through.

She could not hear her cue.

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    i had to chuckle at part of the beeb's build-up - they were in a vip bar and all the (clearly visible) big screens were set to sky sports! :d