FA Cup Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FA Cup Finals

Yes, Branny and the reason you're not talking about Fa Cup Finals of the 70s to 90s is because you didn't win any during this time
    Arsenal, however, won 4 Fa Cup Finals during these decades
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Stop going off topic now................................

Actually I've very little interest in the cup finals these days I couldn't even tell you who was in last season's final, but I could name everyone from 1979 to 1992.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
        Yes, Branny and the reason you're not talking about Fa Cup Finals of the 70s to 90s is because you didn't win any during this time
        Arsenal, however, won 4 Fa Cup Finals during these decades
        Be careful. I remember thinking 6 years without a trophy is a long time after we lost the 81 cup final. It's amazing how quickly that became 34........and we've not been to the Emirates yet! (Have you seen our away form lately?)
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post

Actually I've very little interest in the cup finals these days I couldn't even tell you who was in last season's final, but I could name everyone from 1979 to 1992.

Indeed! More so as youcan guess generaly it will invole one of the big 4 a (or bifg 5 again now Man City are into mega money) and may-be one from Aston Villa
          , Everton or Tottenham occasionaly and very occasionaly a Championship Team! It's always the same old teams and same old games!

Sorry if it appears i'm off topic a tad again in regards to the thread, but i've often thought (though it will never happe) why not make the Community (Charity Shield) a contest bewtween the FA Cup Winners and Leauge Cup Winners, to make it more fun like when Leeds beat Liverpool 4-3 in 1992!! That was an all time classic, but I know the Man Us of this world will only ever want it as the Champions v FA Cup Winners sadly!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post

Allow me to help you out on that one.

MANCHESTER CITY 1 Stoke City 0. Not a classic but famous because it signalled the end of a longstanding banner at Old Trafford.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              Indeed! More so as youcan guess generaly it will invole one of the big 4 a (or bifg 5 again now Man City are into mega money) and may-be one from Aston Villa
              , Everton or Tottenham occasionaly and very occasionaly a Championship Team! It's always the same old teams and same old games!

Sorry if it appears i'm off topic a tad again in regards to the thread, but i've often thought (though it will never happe) why not make the Community (Charity Shield) a contest bewtween the FA Cup Winners and Leauge Cup Winners, to make it more fun like when Leeds beat Liverpool 4-3 in 1992!! That was an all time classic, but I know the Man Us of this world will only ever want it as the Champions v FA Cup Winners sadly!
              i quite enjoyed this seasons community shield (even though my team lost). Revenge was very sweet though.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                i quite enjoyed this seasons community shield (even though my team lost). Revenge was very sweet though.
                yes it stung a bit for me losing at the weekend.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

To be honest it's not a bad idea (and I am a Utd fan), may make the league cup worth a little bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                    1970 Chelsea beat Leeds Utd after a replay at Old Trafford. I cried as a Child and my older sister asked for permission to swear. Gary Sprake let a nightmare goal in at Wembley from Peter Houseman.
                    Leeds were so good but they came up short so often because of Sprake. If they'd had a goalkeeper of the caliber of Gordon Banks or Schmeichel, Leeds would have re-written the History books.
                    Or even David Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                      !976 Southampton v Man Utd. Used to enjoy it more in those days because there were more shocks. It has a certain inevitability about it these days. Another exciting Man U v Chelsea final this year probably.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-signs009.gif
Views:	2
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	260267

Comment

another thing is itv dont show the build up like they used to do.

you know the programme started at like nine in the morning showed the teams leaving their hotels etc.
                        all the way up to and including post match reaction.

the final last year did not even start at 3pm which annoyed me.
                        tradition seems to have gone fom this great competition.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          another thing is itv dont show the build up like they used to do.

you know the programme started at like nine in the morning showed the teams leaving their hotels etc.
                          all the way up to and including post match reaction.
                          I remember it well, always switching from BBC to ITV to catch the latest team news or interviews. Then there was always cup final day wrestling that usualy involved the big names of the day in some grudge match, and also FA Cup Final day would be graced with a special Cup Final It's a Knockout competition between supporters of the two football teams competing in the final. Of course the greatest ever cup final was in 1972.

Comment

Originally posted by Hats Off View Post
                            I remember it well, always switching from BBC to ITV to catch the latest team news or interviews. Then there was always cup final day wrestling that usualy involved the big names of the day in some grudge match, and also FA Cup Final day would be graced with a special Cup Final It's a Knockout competition between supporters of the two football teams competing in the final. Of course the greatest ever cup final was in 1972.
                            I'm sure you mean 1977 Ha Ha

Comment

I can still (just about vaugly recall) when Wimbledon won the FA Cup in 1988 - I can still recall Dave Besant saving a Penalty, though I was young, it is one of those thing's that remain in your mind I think. As well I recall Man utd winning 4-0 v Chelsea in 1994 as if it was yesterday, that was another great final as well as in more recent-er times Chelsea v Middlesbrough in 1997 being a really good final.

Sadly I think since the late 1990s and the Chelsea v Middlesbrough one all has changed and the Final's have become nothing like they once were wondering what the score would be, who'll score first etc.

80sChav

Comment

And last year i believe they had the final at a quarter past two instead of the traditional 3pm.
                                this i believe was the first time it had not been at 3pm

so much of the tradition of the cup has gone.
                                to me the final is not the same with all the tradition gone.

one of my fave finals despite my team losing was the 79 final.
                                the 3 minute or was it the five minute final.

Comment

Working...
                                X