Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FA Cup Finals

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Didn't Aston Villa win the league ( and Champions league) one season using just 12 or 13 players in the whole season ????
    We won the old 1st division in 1980/81 using just 14 players all season

went on to win the european cup the following season
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post

..... long time ago we are garbage now

Comment

That's the season I'm thinking about .. I have a shocking memory and they all basically morph into one mess of a memory .

Comment

..... long time ago we are garbage now
          Why on earth are they not playing Jack Grealish ?!?

I see him as a special talent , he's got something you rarely see .

I'd love to see him picked up by Arsenal - one of the best young players I've EVER seen ..

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Why on earth are they not playing Jack Grealish ?!?

I see him as a special talent , he's got something you rarely see .

I'd love to see him picked up by Arsenal - one of the best young players I've EVER seen ..

He has immense talent and on his day is as good as it gets but he is so lazy its unbelievable

sometimes when he isn't playing well its like having 10 players - drives you insane

Comment

To go through a whole season using just 14 players and win the league is quite an achievement. I'm not a Villa fan but have always had a soft spot for the club and it makes me sad to see their current predicament. If they go down, and it seems likely, I hope they will have the strength to get back up. The Championship league is a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                To go through a whole season using just 14 players and win the league is quite an achievement. I'm not a Villa fan but have always had a soft spot for the club and it makes me sad to see their current predicament. If they go down, and it seems likely, I hope they will have the strength to get back up. The Championship league is a tough one.
                It's crazy when you think that teams use 14 player each match nowadays ..

Comment

It is F.A. Cup final day and kick-off is at 5.30pm. I have no idea why the traditional 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Also, to be honest, although I shall watch the match, the excitement of the day in years gone by is, for me, now very diminished. I had actually forgotten it was the final today until my dad reminded me, plus I had to check who was playing. Sad, but it just isn't the same as it used to be.

Comment

TRADITION HAS GONE NOW YOU SEE MATE.
                    WHICH MAKES ME

THE BIG WARM UP WHICH STARTED AT EIGHT IN THE MORNING.

AND NOW THEY NO LONGER HAVE THE ORIGINAL KICK OFF TIME.

SKY HAVE PLAYED A BIG PART IN IT.

IT WILL ALWAYS BE AS MAGICAL AS EVER THOUGH TO ME.

TEAMS NOW PLAY WEAKENED TEAMS WHICH IS ANOTHER THING I CANT BEAR THAT WOULD RARELY HAPPEN IF YOU WENT BACK 20 YRS.

It is F.A. Cup final day and kick-off is at 5.30pm. I have no idea why the traditional 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Also, to be honest, although I shall watch the match, the excitement of the day in years gone by is, for me, now very diminished. I had actually forgotten it was the final today until my dad reminded me, plus I had to check who was playing. Sad, but it just isn't the same as it used to be.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• Re: FA Cup Finals

5.30pm seems such a strange time when 3pm was kick-off time for the F.A Cup final ever since I can remember and I don't know what the justification could be for moving it. Yes, back in the day, and that was not so long ago, excitement on cup final day was palpable throughout the country, with ITV and BBC trying to outdo each other in their coverage. Now, it is only BBC that is covering it along with BT. I really fear that the F.A.Cup is slowly going the way of the League Cup--or whatever it is called nowadays, with less and less importance and relevance placed on it compared to the Premier League title. Agree with you completely, Darren; tradition is going out of the window.

Comment

yes thats right the beeb and itv covered it forgot about that until it was mentioned on tv the other day

to much importance now on the champions lge is another reason i feel its lost its appeal.

I even heard on the radio a fan saying he was glad to be out of the f a cup so his team could concetrate on other lge fixtures.

You would never have heard such a thing going back 20 yrs.

Semi finals at wembley is another thing i dont like its just about money takes yet more tradition out of it..

Only the final at wembley please.

yeah half five whats that about.

5.30pm seems such a strange time when 3pm was kick-off time for the f.a cup final ever since i can remember and i don't know what the justification could be for moving it. Yes, back in the day, and that was not so long ago, excitement on cup final day was palpable throughout the country, with itv and bbc trying to outdo each other in their coverage. Now, it is only bbc that is covering it along with bt. I really fear that the f.a.cup is slowly going the way of the league cup--or whatever it is called nowadays, with less and less importance and relevance placed on it compared to the premier league title. Agree with you completely, darren; tradition is going out of the window.

Comment

Oh yes and the cup final songs too.

remember those cream coloured suits a team wore one year while on the pitch before the match and one year steven morrow for arsenal was hoisted in the air by another player and i think he fell.

Comment

5.30pm seems such a strange time when 3pm was kick-off time for the F.A Cup final ever since I can remember and I don't know what the justification could be for moving it. Yes, back in the day, and that was not so long ago, excitement on cup final day was palpable throughout the country, with ITV and BBC trying to outdo each other in their coverage. Now, it is only BBC that is covering it along with BT. I really fear that the F.A.Cup is slowly going the way of the League Cup--or whatever it is called nowadays, with less and less importance and relevance placed on it compared to the Premier League title. Agree with you completely, Darren; tradition is going out of the window.
                            It's presumably because Sky are showing the Scottish Cup Final at 3 pm .

Comment

I can't remember if this is the first time that the 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Was it 3pm last year?

Comment

I can't remember if this is the first time that the 3pm kick-off time has been abandoned. Was it 3pm last year?
                                I wish they had abandoned this game to be honest .

That's 90 minutes of my life I won't be getting back

Comment

Working...
                                X