Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Has anyone seen any comparison per thousand of their relative populations of N. Ireland and the Rep of Ireland as regards infections / hospitalisations / recoveries and /or deaths ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m still in shock after learning about the young kid ( aged 13 ) in America who was happily messing with his school mates one moment and died of Covid just 10 days ( TEN) later !! They didn’t mention any underlying health issues as they normally do ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was out to the bank this morning (Canada) and couldn't believe there were two people ahead of me with no masks and there is a sign at the door saying to wear them while inside.

Imagine the people who do have to wear one all day while some can't bother to put one on for inside a bank for all of ten minutes. Two young men being selfish thinking they are immune I guess. Lock downs are an extreme to be avoided and I don't think they should be forced in areas that aren't in an extreme situation, but people like these two visiting my bank are what leads to it.

I guess we should think of what people in the blitz had to contend with perhaps? Today they could have something set up for stress relief and counseling though. This one of those adapt and learn moments, not the magical thinking wishing it away type of thing, and yet I guess that response goes back a long long way. people used to believe in magic amulets and spells and things to ward off illness etc.

Striking a balance should be top of mind for anyone making rules, people do need visitors sometimes and jobs depend on being able to conduct some business.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

More likely too much effort to put a mask on for a few minutes selfish people about it really annoys me

Comment

The shop at the top of our road nobody seems to wear masks and social distancing does not exist. All the shop owner is interested in is money. Nothing is said to anybody. In fact I think many people use that shop because they are not forced to cover their faces.

Comment

I wish that the Downing Street press briefings would come back on a daily basis, at least on weekdays - I do sometimes feel "disconnected" when they are not on, and one has to rely on news sources for information.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It's that time of year when we feel as we have got colds coming on - it has happened to me over the past couple of days, but should I be worried more than usual due to COVID at the moment? I hope that I shouldn't have to.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  It's that time of year when we feel as we have got colds coming on - it has happened to me over the past couple of days, but should I be worried more than usual due to COVID at the moment? I hope that I shouldn't have to.
                  Stay away from crowds,what about this covid vaccine do we have it and when

Comment

Great news!....vaccine found.
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      Stay away from crowds,what about this covid vaccine do we have it and when
                      No problem there - I can easily self-isolate where I am, but two wrongs don't make a right. I believe that it would have happened without COVID.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Great news!....vaccine found.
                        Sounds good but it will still take time - they say that it might be ready by Christmas, and if that is the case then it will be a great Christmas present.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

From what i hear there are still a few tests to do before it gets the ok.
                          So im trying to not get too overconfident.

It seems older people would get it first and as time goes on it would be given to younger age grps.

They say nxt year is most likely for the roll out but i guess perhaps where in the uk u live.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I read 2 volunteers across the pond in their 40s had side effects with headaches and aches and pains after having the vacine

Comment

Side effects are possible with a new drug.
                              Side effects could differ depending on age gender ethnicity.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                              i read 2 volunteers across the pond in their 40s had side effects with headaches and aches and pains after having the vacine
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

You can still possibly catch the virus with the vaccine but have mild symptoms.I mean we don't want to catch it after having a vaccine.At present I am 50/50 shall I have the vaccine or not.If people love to travel then you may have no choice no vaccine no traveling does it mean we would have a card or something to prove otherwise

Comment

Working...
                                X