No announcement yet.

Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was reported that there were no UK deaths on Tuesday, but I am immediately assuming that had Monday not been a Bank Holiday, there would have been some deaths reported of a single figure at least.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
      Its mad to think this virus is still around and no end in sight
      It does feel as if the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than we think, but of course optical illusions can happen that we are closer to the end when the reality is that we are not. It has happened a few times, especially last year.

I hope that we are going to have at least one Downing Street press briefing this week - I know that Boris has just said "I do" last weekend but a honeymoon would be inappropriate at this moment of time for a number of reasons.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

But cases are still rising but deaths are low,I wont be convinced until cases drop to single figures
        Yes, and hospital admissions are up i think 25%.... Just been to Morrisons and there was a sign at the door which was impossible to miss "NO MASK ,NO ENTRY" as i walked round i saw at least a dozen people without masks (including staff members) or wearing them on the chin....WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT THEN??...as i was leaving i asked the door security what the company policy was on masks and he said "dunno mate, not my problem"....I'm still shaking my head
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

But cases are still rising but deaths are low,I wont be convinced until cases drop to single figures
          Or hopefully zero figures. I see the deaths coming down as optimism but as you say, cases are rising.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by darren View Post
            i hear now theyre giving the different variants new names beta omega gamma etc.

Its not gonna make things more confusing.
            Pussyfooting about with euphemisms is an utterly stupid idea. Now, to make geographical sense of any news report, it means we will have to look up a list to find which variant equates to which Greek letter.
            Or, as Sky now report it: "the Delta variant, otherwise known as the Indian variant", which just makes news statements more long-winded and defeats the purpose of the Greek letters anyway.

Comment

• BBC news report ....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57431322

Comment

• I don't know why BBC One bothered to show the Downing Street press briefing this evening - 6.35 pm, they cut away from it and told us that it would be on the News Channel. I know that the TV schedules are chaos with Euro 2021 [sic] and keeping the soaps intact, but I think that it should have been at 5.00 pm as usual when no football was on BBC One. I know I have Sky but, come on...

I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• I hope that Freedom Day will arrive by the August Bank Holiday Monday otherwise that will be my birthday ruined two years in a row.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The experts are saying now covid will be with us forever and we must learn to live with it depressing thought
                    I am just trying to think that the virus is something that has always been with us so that it doesn't sound to me as something recent.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

I am just trying to think that the virus is something that has always been with us so that it doesn't sound to me as something recent.
                      Coronavirus is nothing new, covid 19 is just a particularly nasty strain

Comment

• it could be but as time has went on new medicines have been found so its not as bad as it was when lockdown first started.

Just imagine if these vaccines hadnt came about say for 5 yrs.

Trey not to let it get u down mate.

Originally posted by amethyst
                        the experts are saying now covid will be with us forever and we must learn to live with it depressing thought

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• So today was freedom day in england i saw the party goers lining the the streets outside the clubs counting down till midnite.

Have to many rules been relaxed at the same time.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• The hot weather doesn't help to be honest - Freedom Day seems to be well-timed for some people, but as I have seen on the news, lots of people are already putting their eggs in one basket when it comes to being in public. As I shop online with Tesco, I have received the circulated email message from the CEO saying that they will still insist on customers wearing masks in store - better to be safe than sorry.

And Boris Johnson taking part in the Press Briefing at Chequers - I suppose that it had to happen eventually.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by tex View Post

Coronavirus is nothing new, covid 19 is just a particularly nasty strain
                              The Covid name seems to be newer than the coronavirus name.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

A shortened version
                                If only we could shorten the virus itself.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X