• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    More will follow no doubt
    That’s the painkiller shelvesc..

Also empty were the multi pack Heinz Beans !!

Only single tins at 70p each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

NHS England on high alert 4 we are going to have to change our way of doing things

Comment

NHS this morning suggests that a huge increase in confirmed cases expected in 6 weeks going off the experiences of other countries..the Coronavirus will probably be at its peak from MAY ...and lasting 12 weeks or so .. .

I’m more or less set..

Just need some more tins of corned beef , Heinz Beans and tea bags

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          NHS this morning suggests that a huge increase in confirmed cases expected in 6 weeks going off the experiences of other countries..the Coronavirus will probably be at its peak from MAY ...and lasting 12 weeks or so .. .

I’m more or less set..

Just need some more tins of corned beef , Heinz Beans and tea bags

Get some powered milk too.
          I've stockpiled my cupboards, i have enough supplies to last for at least 3 weeks incase of lockdown/ isolation.
          I'm still not too worried but i am prepared. Working for the NHS on the front line i am classed as high risk.

Comment

Maybe I’ll get some more coffee and Coffee Mate ..

Comment

Went to Tesco 2 hrs ago plenty of supplies of food but no hand gel,got 2 bottles anti bacteria soap,tissues,toilet rolls 1 pack anti bacteria wipes.I have never seen an empty section of wipes always used to be plenty before all this kicked off other shoppers seemed to be after similar things.

Comment

Went to Tesco 2 hrs ago plenty of supplies of food but no hand gel,got 2 bottles anti bacteria soap,tissues,toilet rolls 1 pack anti bacteria wipes.I have never seen an empty section of wipes always used to be plenty before all this kicked off other shoppers seemed to be after similar things.
                I fear the real ‘fun’ may start in 4 to 6 weeks when the epidemic/ deaths kick in - and chaos ensues

Comment

A British. Lorry driver was caught in Morrocco by customs 100,000 masks hopeing he could sell them €30 or £26 each ha shouldnt have been so greedy.Someone in Wales went into a shop this morning and bought 160 hand gels and they sold them the lot greed.Someobody in London selling hand gel on a stall £2 each should be handing them out for free

Comment

Tell u what shops must be making a fortune on gels soaps etc

been a huge jump in uk cases today near 40 from what i hear.

Thing is ur first thought is go to the drs but u cant as u mite infect others.

Just phone the dr.

went to tesco 2 hrs ago plenty of supplies of food but no hand gel,got 2 bottles anti bacteria soap,tissues,toilet rolls 1 pack anti bacteria wipes.i have never seen an empty section of wipes always used to be plenty before all this kicked off other shoppers seemed to be after similar things.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

They say to look at NHS 111 website first then ring them for advice,not to go to the doctors or hospital.
                      I have to go to the doctors to pick up a prescription on Friday morning.It was showing the 111 England call centre in Dudley where 150 more staff were needed for the amount of phone calls has gone up a lot since all these cases are rising.They say not to panic but I am petrified they are introducing this breath test when.

Comment

They say to look at NHS 111 website first then ring them for advice,not to go to the doctors or hospital.
                        I have to go to the doctors to pick up a prescription on Friday morning.It was showing the 111 England call centre in Dudley where 150 more staff were needed for the amount of phone calls has gone up a lot since all these cases are rising.They say not to panic but I am petrified they are introducing this breath test when.
                        I’m not worried about catching it even though I’m 62 and work in a massive high school BUTthe thought of getting it and THEN being practically dragged away from your family and planted in a strange hospital the other end of the county is real scary !!

Comment

I am the same age as you and when they say over 60s are in that risk group,my immune system has been down having fought 3 colds this year.Thats the problem and worrying thing us if you catch it,the thought of being in a strange place 100s miles away.I spoke to my friend on the phone last night,after they came back from 5 days in Paignton she has been in bed with a nasty flu being 73 and her husband 77 they are worried.Their daughter and her husband have both got heavy colds and are going to Bath for the weekend.First thing I thought no not with colds and going to a city where there are crowds.Booked a few cruises what a nightmare but it's their decisions.I noticed last night on the Daily Mail there was a lot of articles and pics of exotic beautiful beach holidays,airlines are offering cheap flights their getting worried incase they go bust,Phuket in Thailand was one no thanks not for me not when this is spreading around the world

Comment

I am the same age as you and when they say over 60s are in that risk group,my immune system has been down having fought 3 colds this year.Thats the problem and worrying thing us if you catch it,the thought of being in a strange place 100s miles away.I spoke to my friend on the phone last night,after they came back from 5 days in Paignton she has been in bed with a nasty flu being 73 and her husband 77 they are worried.Their daughter and her husband have both got heavy colds and are going to Bath for the weekend.First thing I thought no not with colds and going to a city where there are crowds.Booked a few cruises what a nightmare but it's their decisions.I noticed last night on the Daily Mail there was a lot of articles and pics of exotic beautiful beach holidays,airlines are offering cheap flights their getting worried incase they go bust,Phuket in Thailand was one no thanks not for me not when this is spreading around the world
                            Phuket !?!?

PhukThat

Comment

So Fly be have now gone under, the company have been struggling for a while now but apparently corona is the straw that broke the airlines back!
                              ....It gets worse however, the new Bond film No time to die has been postponed until november due to falling audiences at cinemas
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Been to Aldi this morning got the shopping that I wanted plenty of fruit & veg tins pasta cereals bread meat yoghurts milk stocked in store,but not much toilet rolls,kitchen paper,liquid soaps,paracetamol,eggs,beer and wine left on shelves,a lot of retired people seemed to be shopping at 8am filling up their trolleys with 3 tills open.Flybe gone bust,John Lewis profits down 23 per cent.This is something that I thought about with nurses in hospitals when sometimes you see them in their scrubs uniform,not really hygienic if their on their way to work or finished their shifts in the supermarket

Comment

Working...
                                X