Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Just done Tesco again .. more beans,toilet rolls and wet wipes , painkillers .. coffee mate , coffee , long life milk .. potted beef .

Just need loads of tins of corned beef and I’m nearly done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We must thank the staff working in supermarkets having to keep up with demands replenishing shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Just done Tesco again .. more beans,toilet rolls and wet wipes , painkillers .. coffee mate , coffee , long life milk .. potted beef .

Just need loads of tins of corned beef and I’m nearly done

Why? are we going to war ?
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Coronavirus... thoughts ..

It could all kick off in about 3 to 4 weeks .

I’ve seen predictions of possible riots when all the supplies are low ..

Check around .. some supermarkets have already sold out antibacterial handwash , toilet rolls and hand gel .

The big Tesco has nearly sold out of paracetamol and ibuprofen tablets the other day ..

Last edited by Zincubus; 06-03-2020, 13:46.

Comment

Behaviour not to be encouraged me thinks!

Comment

Went to the surgery this morning to pick up my prescription.3 bottles sanitiser for patients,doctors were locking toilets after use precaution dont want to be infected by patients.Think one was available the disabled one,very sensible.The chemist assistant has to wipe down the counter and the main door handle with wipes often during the day.Took my books back to the library hand sanitiser on desk

Comment

How are everybody dealing with things at the moment,trying to stay sane.I spoke to my friend last night I said how are you coping because your always out doing something.Big changes instead of using public transport take the car shopping.No going to a cafe for a cup of coffee,no meeting up with relations.Stop getting books from the library.No takeaways
                Our life has been turned upside down,this could go on for 18 months

Comment

i'm actually quite scared tbh.

how long will this go on for ?,i miss going out and about in town eg coffee shop's like costa coffee,i can't see my nan who is 71 im quite worried about her to.

my sister is severely disabled she struggles breathing etc . same as my mum.

hopefully it will all end soon .
                  but the goverment has said it could last up to 3 weeks or 3 months i just don't know how to cope. as i suffer from panic attacks to.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Not the only that's scared,my relations are older than myself only contact by phone.My neighbours are 83 and 80 with health problems worried for them,told them make a list of things you need and I will try and get them for you.Went to Home Bargains 5 mins before they opened there were at least 8 people waiting in front of me.They had 2 members of staff keeping an eye on toilet rolls.I had 1 pack of 18 guy in front of me took 3.I have never seen that store so empty no wipes liquid soap sprays a few jars coffee left.They were fighting in their store in Nottingham yesterday.We need the army now put a stop to this.Asda London queuing outside before 6am stripping shelves by 7am.Should be only 1 person going to shop and not couples or groups country cant cope with this panic and behaviour.Dont look good at all we are all stressed what happens next.Please keep in touch we need to support and talk about our worries

Comment

Sensationalist reporting by the news media is getting everybody in a state, sure it's a serious situation and sensible precautions need to be observed but i blame the reporting of it all for getting everybody in a tizzy. Try and resist the temptation to watch every news bulletin and allow your mind to switch off and wind down occasionally.
                      When it comes to the issue of panic buying we are all part of the problem i'm afraid, we were all assured that supplies could be maintained if everybody was level headed and did not scurry round the supermarkets like headless chickens...so of course that's exactly what happened

Comment

How hell are parents going to deal with children off school for months,where is there to go drive everybody up wall stuck indoors we had better hope,we have spells of dry weather for fresh air.I phoned my neighbour they were so glad for someone to talk too oh it's so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          Sensationalist reporting by the news media is getting everybody in a state, sure it's a serious situation and sensible precautions need to be observed but i blame the reporting of it all for getting everybody in a tizzy. Try and resist the temptation to watch every news bulletin and allow your mind to switch off and wind down occasionally.
                          When it comes to the issue of panic buying we are all part of the problem i'm afraid, we were all assured that supplies could be maintained if everybody was level headed and did not scurry round the supermarkets like headless chickens...so of course that's exactly what happened
                          I was chatting to the manager of our local Spa shop and he said that deliveries were slowing down and being cancelled..

He also said that this morning the Spa delivery driver mentioned that each day about 5 drivers are sent home due to a high temperature... they are each checked each morning before they are allowed into the place !!

Oh and the food production factories are quickly running out of cardboard and plastic packaging-all bought from ... CHINA !!

Comment

When you think about it there is a lot of pressure on delivery drivers,staff who work in supermarket and the abuse their getting off people because of this chaos.What happens when they fall I'll and cannot work all these selfish people out there had better realise without their hard graft keeping up with demands.If they catch this virus who is left to do these jobs.Anymore of this grab grab then rationing will have to be introduced or there will be millions dying of starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                              They've already given us this global pandemic and are also engaged in building another 1,600 coal-fired power stations to ensure the planet is well and truly trashed.

China: the country that just keeps on giving!

PS. Where is the Chinese equivalent of a Greta Thunberg?
                              Interestingly, Iran and Italy, two of the hardest hit countries, has large numbers of Chinese workers and technicians there working on various Chinese-sponsored infrastructure projects as part of China's Belt and Road initiative. It seems that whenever China builds something throughout the world they bring in their own workers.

Comment

It will be harder for men to deal with this,no sport,no pub for a pint,no gym,no cinema,when I phoned my cousin and mentioned this she agreed too her husband loved sport a pint with the boys.A lot of lost men stuck indoors with their other half what fun for months

Comment

Working...
                                X