Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Yeah , Morrisons are forming a queue outside and allowing 50 every 15 minutes or so.....no trolley wipes however, we took along some hand sanitizer
    Good point. I was at the supermarket this morning. Had to wait nearly an hour to get in. Yet, the baskets and trolleys were not disinterested after use.

Comment

Disinterested?....think you meant disinfected
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I know it's a terrible illness and have total sympothy towards those who are suffering, and I know that others are far worse off but whole thing of not even being able to Shop at Tesco's/asda etc is driving me mad as trying to get everything/and anything else done - sadly sorry

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          They’re supposedly gonna have that every Thursday 8pm until it’s all over ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I totally approve of it to certain extents - but may-be once a month at the most to have it (or had-hock days)

This is making us too guey and too American and bringing Amercanisms things into play (even though we all know we appreciate immensley the NHS's efforts - there is thanking them and going o.t.t) , so may-be a Series of Concerts as has been muted - say in aug (if we get over it), though I doubt we wil, as doing Concerts is what us Brits do best and as much as a clapping applause is vastly appreciated by them - the Workers and Hospitals would prefer the Money I think

Comment

Interesting read

https://www.newyorker.com/science/el...&utm_brand=tny

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              I know it's a terrible illness and have total sympothy towards those who are suffering, and I know that others are far worse off but whole thing of not even being able to Shop at Tesco's/asda etc is driving me mad as trying to get everything/and anything else done - sadly sorry

80sChav
              You can shop at Tesco etc. I was at Tesco today at 10am. There was a long queue, but most things were available.

Comment

This Welsh guy ( working in China at the time ) had Cov19 back last NOVEMBER !
                First symptoms started November ..

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/fight...rdeal-11950631

Comment

Thanks for the link it was an interesting read

Comment

Word is it could now be six months before things return to normal
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                      You can shop at Tesco etc. I was at Tesco today at 10am. There was a long queue, but most things were available.
                      Thanks, but I guess I am just going to keep to cheap shops like Poundland and Heron etc as my local Tescos ques are'nt great at going down or and a Garage that has Frozen Foods in I've just been in

These may be dear-er but I can at least console myself with the fact I am saving a fairly large (for me anyhow) amount of money in this epodemic. That's something I appreciate

80sChav

Comment

The refuse collection only 2 in wagon instead of 3.They bring round a council van or truck with 3rd guy but I noticed even the drivers were helping out haven't seen that before

Comment

Some councils are so badly hit by sick workers that they are only gonna empty the ‘food’ bins every 6 weeks !!

I’d rather they leave the tin bin or the paper one !!

Comment

A friend of mine informed me today that he knows of someone who died of the virus. He was in his 50s, fit, healthy and affluent.
                            I fit into these categories; I'm scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                              A friend of mine informed me today that he knows of someone who died of the virus. He was in his 50s, fit, healthy and affluent.
                              I fit into these categories; I'm scared.
                              Surprisingly how many healthy well off have died really worrying

Comment

Teenagers are dying now ... all with no underlying health issues !!

Even more worrying is that I’ve just heard a top medical bod speaking on LBC radio saying that it’s crucial that we all understand that even when you’ve HAD it ( and survived ) then there is not one thread of evidence to guarantee that you are safe from getting it AGAIN !!
                                You MAY be immune , you may get another mild dose or you may GET really , really poorly (and even die !)

... we just don’t know for sure yet !!

Comment

Working...
                                X