Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Default Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    The truth is the the young people don’t care about is older ones .. .. it may hit home when they start losing their parents and grandparents but even then they will be in denial and blame everyone else apart from themselves ..
    Selfishness has a lot to do with it - I know that elderly people think that young people "don't know they're born" when it comes to what they didn't have to put up with before they were born. We have gone full circle to this time six months ago and that more or less means back to square one.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Selfishness has a lot to do with it - I know that elderly people think that young people "don't know they're born" when it comes to what they didn't have to put up with before they were born. We have gone full circle to this time six months ago and that more or less means back to square one.
    I know its like as if the students don't care if they catch it and in the unis its spreading like wildfires.Lots of places in Wales going into lockdown thanks to the under 30s great.

I'm very lucky to be in Canada I think, and in a place with 0 to 1 new cases most days. We had a little blip around August there where people started dropping the masks and rules and then we've tightened up again. Friends in England seem to be in real despair. My parents are both in their late 70s and we are still being pretty fastidious about wiping surfaces touched at the back door area used the most. The border to the U.S. remains closed by land and sea but still they have people coming in via air, but told to quarantine for two weeks. It's the schools here opening up that will be driving the next wave, and I'm not sure what the rush for it is, but we are often having staggered attendances, not all kids at the same time, and some still done virtually. U.S. is bad, coming apart at the seams in many ways, I wonder when I'll ever be able to spend time down there again. The smoke from their wild fires caught us for a bout a week and it was fairly thick, they even suspended mail delivery for that week, but back to normal skies and breathable air again, whew!

Well, carry on all, because what else is there to do...
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

To be honest, I wouldn't say that there is a country on the planet at the moment where one would be lucky to be in - the virus has no boundaries, and those people who travel from country to country, and even from one part of a country to another has the risk of passing the virus onto whoever they could get in contact with. It didn't originate in Great Britain, but just like a lot of other countries, Great Britain has felt the brunt of the virus over the past six months, and perhaps another six months up to around Easter next year at least.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Maybe lucky in the sense that people used to tell kids they were lucky to be born in Liverpool. I feel lucky not being in the U.S. next door to me as they have something like thirty or forty times the cases per population. The U.S. has the most cases pipping India and Brazil at the post, plus we've seen lots of news coverage of people there refusing to wear masks or distance for months now. A lot of them keep talking about herd immunity, like Sweden only I would say Sweden was not simply doing nothing, and I have heard they are doing more now. Herd immunity in the U.S. would mean throwing up to six million people under the bus as not savable. Canada has had moments of half measures foolishness, but nothing like where anyone would give up on ideas like contact tracing or limiting testing only to a small number.

We do allow people through from the U.S. who say they are driving straight to Alaska, but they have caught a few of them not doing as they said and some of them have had the virus and so we get alerts that if you were in such-and-such area at such-and-such time you need to self isolate for two weeks. Before that it was flights from China and even Iran, but we have notified as best as can be done everyone who may have had contact from those flights. It's the only way to keep the brakes on and targeting those people directly involved. keep the spread slow until there can be better treatments, and there have been a couple developed such a steroidal based one that increases lung power. If people can stay off going on a ventilator like Boris J. managed their odds increase. Our death rates are thankfully low so far, and outside big cities infection rates are pretty low as well.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

More local lockdown what a strange year more doom and gloom to look forward to xmas is going to be fun best not to say Happy for yuletide and 2021 what is there to be happy about

A quarter of the British population are now in lockdown - Leicester has been the closest town or city to where I am to get the lockdown treatment.

I feel that a lot of traditional elements of Christmas will be cancelled this year - it will be a case of "oh no they won't" in response to pantomimes going ahead; no official Christmas lights switch on; no Christmas parties which would be a receipt for disaster when it comes to self-distancing.

I believe that it will effect TV scheduling as well - the Queen will probably deliver her annual message slightly differently (although she did an Easter one this year); the Christmas Lectures at the Royal Institution will probably have a limited audience; Big Ben will pre-recorded on New Year's Eve (although it is still covered in scaffolding); and other things as well. Things will be very different.

Well ... supposed to be in lockdown ..

London this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disgrace the lot of them minority not happy unless they make the majority lives a misery

I did wonder how well we would be doing if the government didn't drop the sense of urgency and opened things up in June.
    The Trickster On The Roof