Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Beijing has gone back into lockdown imported salmon from Europe is being blamed after traces of the virus is found on chopping boards unbelievable blame the west.Two women from UK have taken the virus to New Zealand
    Lately I've noticed that at the shops lots of things have disappeared from the shelves -- toys, household items, etc -- and for weeks the shops haven't restocked them like they. As almost everything is made in China these days, it appears that the factories may have been shut down again.
    Last edited by victorbrunswick; 30-06-2020, 06:32.

Comment

Thanks Darren I am fine.Leicester back in lockdown non essential shops closed from today,schools shut from thursday

Comment

Brace yourselves! Looks like China could gift the world another pandemic before Christmas, with swine flu #2.

If this is going to be the future - pandemic after pandemic, there may never be a return to normality.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...na-researchers

Comment

Just a quick visit to say I've tested negative for covid-19!
          I've beaten it! It's been a struggle but all over with now!

I'll be back soon! X

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post

I'll be back soon! X
            Thats brilliant ! how you feelin?
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post

I'll be back soon! X
              Fantastic news

Comment

I was quite disappointed that my Covid19 test 10 days ago was negative.
                i was hoping that the fatigue and fever symptoms I'd experienced back in May/June were due to Covid19, so I might have a degree of immunity before the second wave hits.
                Unfortunately, it would appear that I had just experienced a dose of man-flu, as my blood test was negative for Covid19 antibodies.
                So, it sounds as if Danniella's antibodies didn't last very long, which is surprising (and a bit worrying).

Comment

A second wave is only a possibility not a probability.
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I was sent home last Monday from work with a slight cough.Got tested and yesterday results came back negative.Boss wants me back in work Monday.Guess there are a lot of things floating around at the moment.Still got the cough so expecting to be sent home Monday again.But then other people at work also have a cough at the moment,wonder if they got sent home as well?

Comment

Was this virus brought out of that lab on purpose to infect the world and destroy us and never to go away.
                      When I hear someone cough alarm bells ringing,it may be a smoker's cough hayfever or that?
                      Where you work battyrat are staff keeping to social distance ,have windows for ventilation?

Comment

We have been social distancing for some time but it took the company nearly two months to put a one way system into place and start separating people in the canteen.We are now bringing people back into the workplace.To be honest I feel shattered as I have done unpaid overtime to cover jobs other people that were let go did not do.We had one guy go off sick with this thing for over a month but he never got tested.He had several ambulance visits during his sickness.

My place of work I have a door that can be opened to let air circulate but the shop floor with machinery can be quite a way from good ventilation and the dust where we work is not the best for lung conditions being fine,clingy and very absorbent.What with the heat on some days permanently wearing a face mask is not always possible.

Personally I am not too sure about this thing being man made or escaped from a lab. Although I am pretty sure we don't know where it originated,just where the first recognized outbreak appeared in China. Listening to people talking this thing may of already been in the UK before Christmas.Have heard of two people with similar symptoms going to the doctors back in December and another in early January and being told it's just Flu and to take paracetamol for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          Thats brilliant ! how you feelin?
                          I'm feeling good! Still getting my freebie pizzas on a friday! ☺

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                            Fantastic news
                            Thanks!

Comment

Hi Daniella.

I'd really be interested to know how long it was between you testing positive for Covid19 to when you tested negative.

I was under the impression that Covid19 antibodies would last for a few months at least and, hopefully, provide a degree of protection against becoming re-infected.
                              Were your antibodies no longer detectable after just a few weeks?

Thanks!

Comment

I just heard myself from Daniella that she got the Covid-19 and I am sorry to hear about it. I have to admit that I have had the odd "fuzzy head" from time to time although I am almost sure that isn't part of it, but is that one of the symptoms?

I will try from time to time to "pop my head around the door" and see what's cookin' at DYR Towers, but as these times are still testing, I am focusing on other things at the moment.
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X