Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Yes thanks I am fine,there are definitely more people out there wearing masks,being careful and sensible,but then there's the other lot who act as if there's no virus the mind boggles.Testing times ahead with only another month or so left of summer,dreading when the Autumn kicks in and what happens next

Comment

I think we have to accept that it's going to get a fair bit worse before things start to improve. Spain, France, Germany, Italy and Croatia are already reporting new spikes and are bracing themselves for a second wave. As the UK seemed to be a couple of weeks behind these countries, I would expect an increase in infections to become apparent here by mid-August.
      I have a couple of weeks leave booked then, but have no intention of going anywhere, apart from perhaps a few cautious day trips. To be honest, I can't see things returning to anything like normality even by next Summer..

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        I read there are 600,000 Brits in Spain bonkers or what
        I love your way with words! Always makes me smile!

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
          I love your way with words! Always makes me smile!
          Thank you Danniella

Comment

Well the state (in Australia) where I live (QLD) had no new "transmitted" cases for many weeks, despite the other nearby states having more now in their 2nd wave than they did in their first wave.
            Anyone arriving from overseas has to go straight to quarantine to a hotel under police guard. Our local borders are closed and people who have been to VIC are not allowed in at all, those who have been in NSW are as long as they've not been in the worst affected areas. Turns out two 19 year old idiots visited VIC, then flew to NSW and then on to QLD and lied on their forms to avoid quarantine etc. They had been out and about for 8 days (with symptoms) before being admitted to hospital. One of them works as a cleaner at a school which is now closed for cleaning. A third person who is a close contact of theirs has also been diagnosed now.....

It's unbelievable just how idiotic and selfish some people can be, risking dragging our state into a 2nd wave of this pandemic and also risking people's lives. I really hope they not only get the massive fines but also get prosecuted for lying on their forms, which is a federal offence.

Comment

85 illegals were caught in Malta from Lybia 65 have tested positive

Comment

Our area had one of the worst death counts in June ( all 8 in one care home) yet we’ve had restrictions added again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am dreading the Autumn when schools go back,I was talking to a lady that I have made friends with during lockdown,we see each other every Saturday at Aldi she agrees with me the sensible ones are careful.But the other half who dont care a damn are the problem spreading the virus it's like as if it never have existed no social distancing.I have no intention of going to pubs wetherspoons in Cumbria had shut down cause staff member tested positive KFC Glastonbury had shut down.

Comment

Had to laugh watching the fa cup final today, at the end of the game players were bumping elbows.....and then hugging!!!!!...WTF?
                    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I am dreading the Autumn when schools go back,I was talking to a lady that I have made friends with during lockdown,we see each other every Saturday at Aldi she agrees with me the sensible ones are careful.But the other half who dont care a damn are the problem spreading the virus it's like as if it never have existed no social distancing.I have no intention of going to pubs wetherspoons in Cumbria had shut down cause staff member tested positive KFC Glastonbury had shut down.
                      I work in a high school of 1200+ and I’m dreading going back in Sept ..
                      maybe it won’t even happen the way things are going ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You are probably right I got feeling when schools colleges go back in Sept Oct there been a rise in cases and another 6 months off studying from home who knows it's that dreaded fear

Comment

I have always dreaded going back to school in September, but this was back in the 1980s and early 1990s long before coronavirus!

Funnily enough, when I hear of schools going back I think optimistically that things are starting to get back to normal...
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Or will the cases rise again we will have to wait and see what happens

Comment

Or if schools do go back they may close pubs and bars as there mite be to many people about.

or will the cases rise again we will have to wait and see what happens
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

To be fair, schools and pubs both have Teachers and Bells.

(I am not a whisky drinker either...)
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X