No announcement yet.

Name that tv show? 1970s compere used long words, vaudeville live stage setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that tv show? 1970s compere used long words, vaudeville live stage setting

This is not a show I remember except for the presenter's fun vocabulary and sesquipelalian phrasing which often drew loud boos, or cheers from the audience...perhaps filmed in the 1970s, in front of a theatre audience. And i think it might have used a late Victorian or early 1900s stage setting. That's all i remember about the show and i'm not even sure about the right timeline but i guessing early late sixties or 70s?

Re: Name that tv show? 1970s compere used long words, vaudeville live stage setting

Originally posted by mistral855 View Post
    This is not a show I remember except for the presenter's fun vocabulary and sesquipelalian phrasing which often drew loud boos, or cheers from the audience...perhaps filmed in the 1970s, in front of a theatre audience. And i think it might have used a late Victorian or early 1900s stage setting. That's all i remember about the show and i'm not even sure about the right timeline but i guessing early late sixties or 70s?
    It was The Good Old Days, compered by Leonard Sachs.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06...episodes/guide

Comment

Working...
    X