Raleigh Commando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raleigh Commando

I had a Raleigh Commando - Black with the yellow and orange lettering like in the photos on page 1. Late in it's life it was fitted with a motorcycle style twist grip on the handlebars which made a motorbike revving sound when you twisted it.

Still, at least it never threw me over the handlebars like the racing bike I had which replaced it in the early '80s.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Parants brought me a commando as they thought it was safer then a chopper.Chain guard used to slip into the chain and jam it.I was thrown numerous times at high speed from mine before ditching it into the local stream.They were seen at the time by the local kids as second rate and they were always laughed at.The chopper had style,but a commando which had the watered down look was always a little lame.Hated my commando with a vengance.Even to day the thought of that dark army green bike makes me cringe.Wished I had a bright red chopper instead.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
        Parants brought me a commando as they thought it was safer then a chopper.Chain guard used to slip into the chain and jam it.I was thrown numerous times at high speed from mine before ditching it into the local stream.They were seen at the time by the local kids as second rate and they were always laughed at.The chopper had style,but a commando which had the watered down look was always a little lame.Hated my commando with a vengance.Even to day the thought of that dark army green bike makes me cringe.Wished I had a bright red chopper instead.
        Don't we all

Comment

sounds painful to me!!!
          Heather

Comment

Hmmmm...fell into that one didn't I.Rolls eyes and laughs.

I ended up with stitches last time I got thrown from it,Head long into the side of a car.Kid's,high speeds,and commando bikes were not ment to mix.:cry:

I still have an ambition from way back then........I still want a chopper bike,lol.Even if it's to fulfill that dream of not having one at the time.

Comment

Working...
            X