No announcement yet.

Concert tours all postponed or cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legendary rockers Deep Purple are touring from October this year.
    I intend to go to the London (O2) concert.
    I've saved enough on rail travel since working from home not to begrudge forking out £50 to see a band I've been into since my schooldays!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
      Legendary rockers Deep Purple are touring from October this year.
      I intend to go to the London (O2) concert.
      I've saved enough on rail travel since working from home not to begrudge forking out £50 to see a band I've been into since my schooldays!
      Hi cartimand, considered this gig myself, Blue oyster cult in support but Gillans voice is shot i'm afraid. Been into Purple since 1972 after the release of Made in japan which is still the best live album ever by any band.
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post

Hi cartimand, considered this gig myself, Blue oyster cult in support but Gillans voice is shot i'm afraid. Been into Purple since 1972 after the release of Made in japan which is still the best live album ever by any band.

It's not what it was, granted and Child in Time or Highway Star will never sound as good as they did in the 70s, but I'm sure it will still give me a shiver down my spine and take me back a few decades!

Same with Uriah Heep. Bernie was never quite as good a frontman as David Byron and last time I saw them, Bernie's voice was obviously struggling - especially in a very vocally demanding song like Pilgrim. It was still a magical concert though.

Good call for one of the greatest live albums - I've still got my original vinyl. ELP's Welcome Back My Friends was magnificent too and I felt humbled to be there at Victoria Park for ELP's final concert in 2010.

Comment

If you haven't already heard these live albums i can strongly recommend........

Space ritual....Hawkwind
          Strangers in the night....ufo
          One more from the road....Lynyrd skynyrd
          Live and dangerous....Thin lizzy

Comment

Good call for Space Ritual.
            First time I saw Hawkwind live was at Guildford Civic Hall, on their Atomhenge tour. With hindsight, it was perilously close to Spinal Tap, but brilliantly OTT and the second loudest band I'd ever seen.

Looks like the first festival of 2021 will be Black Deer down in Kent, scheduled for 25/26/27 June.
            Whilst Americana/folk-rock isn't my preferred genre, the presence of Robert Plant and Van Morrison could make this something special.
            Will keep an eye on it and, if it's definitely going ahead, may treat myself.

Comment

It was like that with all the theatres closed last year - all the performances cancelled due to coronavirus.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Jethro Tull's "Prog Years" tour this September, featuring the best of Thick as a Brick, Benefit, Stand Up and Aqualung!
                Will book tickets for the Reading show. Can't wait!

http://jethrotull.com/the-prog-years-uk-tour-2021/

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                  Jethro Tull's "Prog Years" tour this September, featuring the best of Thick as a Brick, Benefit, Stand Up and Aqualung!
                  Will book tickets for the Reading show. Can't wait!

http://jethrotull.com/the-prog-years-uk-tour-2021/
                  Damn, nothing even close to me.!

Comment

I know that it has happened with the theatres - annoying that booking tickets for a performance especially for a special day like one's own birthday, and they move the performance to a week later ruining any plans. I go for another theatre that is hosting the same show on what is the same day as the old one.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Prog and heavy rock fans will be spoilt for choice later this year and into 2022.
                      I see tour dates have been announced for Wishbone Ash, Deep Purple, Yes, Stranglers, Genesis, Thunder, Jethro Tull, Uriah Heep and Gong!

Comment

Yup, Genesis and also Steve hackett...BOOKED, ....Yes is basically Steve howe and a load of other blokes, never got into Wishbone ash, Thunder or Gong. Deep purple are long past there glory years so i won't lose any sleep missing that show and unfortunately Tull are not playing anywhere even close to my neck of the woods...DAMN!

Comment

I've had three concerts cancelled in the same way in a year

Comment

I was also distraught when my concerts for which I bought tickets were canceled one by one. I was so offended that I was ready to cry every time I saw that the concert was postponed or canceled in principle. Now I always listen to online concerts on the crowdfunding promoters service if someone suits me.

Comment

Human League completed their Dare 40 tour entrirely and it was best I've seen them perform

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                                Human League completed their Dare 40 tour entrirely and it was best I've seen them perform
                                Agreed, saw them in Newcastle and they were brilliant
                                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                                X