Best toy you NEVER had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best toy you NEVER had

I still have my Mousetrap, somehow I never managed to break or lose any of the bits, it might have needed a new rubber band at one time.

Mr Frosty was one thing that was advertised a lot but I only remember my cousin having one, after years of asking so he was a bit old for it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

TOYS IO WANTED A LOT WHERE ZOIDS DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THEM.

I THINK THEY WHERE HARD TO GET OVER HERE.

THERE WAS EVEN A CARTOON OF THEM.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a few Zoids back in the late 1990s. I never knew any other kids who had them or had even heard of them.

Comment

Well it's a good thing I never had Mousetrap or Mr Frosty as they could get damaged easily and may not last for years.
          And whenever I go on a certain auction site to look for Lights Alive, some of them have a stamp or two missing.

Comment

Always wanted toys from space 1999 they had wonderful ships etc.

I guess u cant have everything.

Comment

Big Trak (my mate had one) and TCR were up there, but for me, the ultimate one I wanted but never got (*way* too expensive back in the day, and now vintage models are even more expensive) was this:

Tamiya Toyota Hilux 4x4

Last edited by deeks; 25-08-2015, 11:22.

Comment

WHAT A GREAT VIDEO THAT IS.

THEY REALLY ARE VERY DURABLE VERY STRONG WELL BUILT.
                I KNOW BIG TRAK BUT NEVER Tamiya Toyota Hilux 4x4

THNX FOR SHOWING THIS VIDEO.

Originally posted by deeks View Post
                Big Trak (my mate had one) and TCR were up there, but for me, the ultimate one I wanted but never got (*way* too expensive back in the day, and now vintage models are even more expensive) was this:

Tamiya Toyota Hilux 4x4

Last edited by darren; 25-08-2015, 16:21.

Comment

Yeah, the local model shop used to play the Tamiya videos on a TV in the shop window and I was super envious.

I finally got my first Tamiya r/c car some years later when I was about 16, a Hornet package from that same shop. Great to build and run -fun times!

Comment

Always wanted a Tamiya (racing buggy or jeep) but they were too expensive, my mate had one, I remember having to charge the battery for hours just for a few minutes play!

Saw one in a Toy Shop the other month and realised I still want one!
                    Last edited by Mulletino; 27-08-2015, 03:48.

Comment

Always wanted a radio controlled model. I've wanted a tank, aeroplane or ship. Never got one. I'm demanding this Christmas, it will give my wife time to save, a radio controlled jet. A Messerschmitt 262 to be exact. She can moan has much has she likes. Has for storage I will dictate it can be hanged on the bedroom ceiling. The living room would be much better, but that will be pushing it. Why does everybody else seem to have the best toy you always want. This makes me very angry. I will instruct my wife about this in no uncertain terms. Anybody got any good ideas how I can get my wife to understand?
                      Last edited by marc; 14-02-2016, 18:58.
                      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Just save up if u want them they can be yours.

Any particular make of tank etc.

Always wanted a millenium falcon from the original series but most things ive wanted ive managed to get.

Originally posted by marc View Post
                        always wanted a radio controlled model. I've wanted a tank, aeroplane or ship. Never got one. I'm demanding this christmas, it will give my wife time to save, a radio controlled jet. A messerschmitt 262 to be exact. She can moan has much has she likes. Has for storage i will dictate it can be hanged on the bedroom ceiling. The living room would be much better, but that will be pushing it. Why does everybody else seem to have the best toy you always want. This makes me very angry. I will instruct my wife about this in no uncertain terms. Anybody got any good ideas how i can get my wife to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                          Always wanted a radio controlled model. I've wanted a tank, aeroplane or ship. Never got one. I'm demanding this Christmas, it will give my wife time to save, a radio controlled jet. A Messerschmitt 262 to be exact. She can moan has much has she likes. Has for storage I will dictate it can be hanged on the bedroom ceiling. The living room would be much better, but that will be pushing it. Why does everybody else seem to have the best toy you always want. This makes me very angry. I will instruct my wife about this in no uncertain terms. Anybody got any good ideas how I can get my wife to understand?
                          My above post is actually tongue-in-cheek. To be honest, I've not got the room at the moment. Tamiya does excellent models of tanks. A little bit expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                            I can't believe that so many people wanted Mr Frosty and Mousetrap because both were so disappointing.

My cousin had Mr Frosty and I ended up ruining it by shoving plasticine in it. They had a Mousetrap game at primary school and you had a bit a fun playing around with the mechanism but that was it really until the kids broke the plastic and it ended up being held together with superglue.
                            The TV adverts were to blame for that; They made the toys look so cool and made us become obsessed. "I must have that toy!!"

I found out recently from a quick Google that, the TCR sets I wanted were not very good at all. And customers had to return them. Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                              The TV adverts were to blame for that; They made the toys look so cool and made us become obsessed. "I must have that toy!!"

I found out recently from a quick Google that, the TCR sets I wanted were not very good at all. And customers had to return them. Oh dear.
                              TCR sets. That brings back memories. I did want one, bet never got it. In one way, I'm glad. The problem was the third car, it went slower than the two being used by the racers. This was partly to make the game more interesting. It was soon found out that if you stayed in the outside lane, nobody could pass you. It soon become boring. The cars themselves had a reputation for sagging on the chassis. There was also complaints that kids were getting a small electric shock from the metal strips on the track. The voltage through them was reduced. This in turn made the cars go slower. It became boring and tedious. Slot racing cars, Scalextric, won over.

Comment

So glad my parents did not buy me one.

Another set I recall was this:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X