Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best toy you NEVER had

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
    That's insane. (Takes bite from marmalade sandwich.)

Building blocks in the socks (Great, now I'm Dr Seuss), wasn't that painful?
    Yes Paddington, it hurt like hell!! The sacrifices us girlies make in the name of fashion... me and my sister used to do it, she was blonde so she was Agnetha, myself, having dark hair, I used to be erm... let me think now... what was her name... can't think....erm, oh yes, the Brunette One From Abba!! The blocks in the socks (and the cat in the hat) were very painful, so when performing our beautifully choreographed dance routines, we probably more closely resembled 2 lurching, quasi-modo types, lumbering around the living room..... Hot or what? Not!
    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Comment

Oh great, now I've got the scenario of a foot stomping down, a block sliding off the top, and that horrible slow motion lurch as you head carpetwards, or towards the 14 inch ITT in the corner, with the round tuning dial...

Lord that's vivid. I can almost hear the chunk sound of the blocks. Gaaaahhhh!

Comment

Oh great, now I've got the scenario of a foot stomping down, a block sliding off the top, and that horrible slow motion lurch as you head carpetwards, or towards the 14 inch ITT in the corner, with the round tuning dial...

Lord that's vivid. I can almost hear the chunk sound of the blocks. Gaaaahhhh!
        We used to laugh at the ITT because if you rejiggled the letters, it spelt something naughty! LOL! How dreadfully childish!

Clunk, Chunk....ouch...
        "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
          ... me and my sister used to do it, she was blonde so she was Agnetha, myself, having dark hair, I used to be erm... let me think now... what was her name... can't think....erm, oh yes, the Brunette One From Abba!!
          Freda or Annifrid
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

As you get back up, change the channel. Name That Tune is on in a minute.

I'll name that tune in one.

DUNG

Tie a yellow ribbon?

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
              Freda or Annifrid
              Danke, Herr Grunwald.
              sigpic

Comment

As you get back up, change the channel. Name That Tune is on in a minute.

I'll name that tune in one.

DUNG

Tie a yellow ribbon?
                LOL! I watched Family Fortunes one day and there was a family on it (shocker!) and the question was "Name something blue" (I think it was blue but that's irrelevant), the old lady pressed the buzzer and said "is it my cardigan?" Our survey said eeeee eeeeeeeeeer. We laughed....
                sigpic

Comment

Ow! I'm sitting in a coffee shop and came close to choking on my espresso when I read that.

Comment

LOL! Make mine a Latte. 2 sugars!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ow! I'm sitting in a coffee shop and came close to choking on my espresso when I read that.
                      So what WAS the best toy you never had, we got sidetracked. Was it actually the Paddington Bear case?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                        So what WAS the best toy you never had, we got sidetracked. Was it actually the Paddington Bear case?
                        That's one that stuck in my head, because I've always liked the little details on things.

With hindsight, I think I might have to go obscure - there was a modelling magazine in the late 70s early 80s, which was a one off. It was devoted to spaceship modelling and included articles on the space shuttle, Millenium Falcon and so on - there was even a guide to making a diorama of a crashed Colonial Viper complete with skeleton!

Within the pages of this mag was an article on scratchbuilding a Buck Rogers rocket from the old comic strip - imagine a golden Planet Express ship from Futurama and you're kind of getting there. I find myself wishing that I had one of those...

Although as a kid, the one thing that I remember wanting was something another member has mentioned, the Starblazer Combat Pilot toy, which was the aircraft equivalent of the steering wheels that you sit on your lap. I only saw one in the plastic once, in the Toymaster down Weymouth.

Comment

Metropolis Toys

Never even knew about this one until recently - aw. Nowt to do with Starsky and Hutch, but what a beast of a toy.

I think I mentioned the Indiana Jones toys in a previous post, but just in case I didn't, I would be remiss to leave them out.

Comment

Re: Best toy you never had

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                            The Ghostbusters Proton Pack. I had quite a few of the regular Ghostbuster figures, the car and the Ghostbuster building/station. One Christmas I was given the trap and a Ghostbuster gun which would shoot out pink-coloured foam missiles which was pretty cool but I never did manage to get the proton pack, I was especially gutted as the trap I had was designed to clip onto the proton pack!
                            https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/m...tml#post117486

Heather

Comment

An Evel Knievel chopper......Yes and I do mean a toy motorbike

Comment

I always wanted a pool table but surprisingly never got one. I say surprisingly because it's probably the only thing that I ever wanted that I never got.
                                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                                X