Best toy you NEVER had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best toy you NEVER had

What toy did you feel cheated/deprived/life ruined forever by not receiving it? I still feel aggrieved that I never got Mr Frosty, Mousetrap or one of those little Cadbury chocolate machines you put 2ps in! I also remember hating my cousin with a passion cause she had a Girls World and I didn't

Re: Best toy you never had

I never got a Mr frosty either:cry:,but by all accounts it was pants

Comment

I did have a Mr.Frosty and he was indeed pants,the syrup was to weak, may as well just suck Ice.
      i always wanted perfection,the day we went to buy it, they had none in stock, so ended up with numbers up.
      Heather

Comment

I also never got Speak and Spell, apparently I was "good at spelling" and "didn't need it", I think there was a maths version of this as well, never got that either!:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by fluffyliquorice View Post
          I still feel aggrieved that I never got Mr Frosty, Mousetrap or one of those little Cadbury chocolate machines you put 2ps in!
          I had one of those chocolate machines, good for about 10 minutes until all the chocolate was gone. I think every kid in the world must have wanted a Mr Frosty - i didn't get one either.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

never ever had an action man. always wanted a scuba diver.

got pretty much spoilt rotten when i was a kid but never ever got one of these.

Comment

I think between five of us, we more or less covered everything,never had mouse trap though
              Heather

Comment

I always wanted:-

A Brio Trainset
                Scalextric
                Hornby Railway
                A Snes
                A Where's Wally Book...

Oh how i had a deprived childhood!

Comment

Always wanted a Pink Panther car - the one designed by Bob Reisner with a ripcord. Now I'm married and, of course, am not allowed one. NOT FAIR! :cry:

Last edited by Sculpher; 26-01-2008, 20:06.
                  Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                  Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                  While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                  Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                  -Kingsley Amis

Comment

I thought that was a picture of a vacuum cleaner! Maybe your spouse will let you have one of them instead.
                    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I always wanted a scooter. An ordinary, Tri-ang foot powered scooter.
                      Along came Christmas and my mum brought out my brand new CHAIN POWERED Tri-ang Delux Scooter. She had skrimped and saved for it and it had taken a lot of doing as we were a one parent family.
                      Ungrateful little s-d as I was, I HATED it. It was heavy and I couldn't pedal the thing fast enough. I've always been small (I'm five foot one and a dog end now) and I was left miles behind. I tried to swap it but nobody would have it. Ah well, that's life.
                      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

So many things I wanted but never had -

Haunted House board game
                        Radar Search game
                        Action Man Scorpion Tank

but I think the best toy I never had has to be a Vertibird!

Comment

I had a Mr Frosty & yes it was such a let down, you had to turn a handle to crush the ice, but it used to grate the plastic too, so you end up with a nasty weak version of a slush puppie full of threads of plastic! Gross!

I always wanted a "Grifter" bike like George from the Famous Five and a punchball on a stand, but being a girl neither were deemed suitable! Although after much begging I did get a "Stretch X-Ray" one christmas, it was like a "Stretch Armstrong" but you could see through to it's guts! That was great!

Comment

toys i wanted but never got

Crossbows & Catapults

Star Wars figures

Mouse Trap

Stretch Armstrong

Comment

I got a brilliant toy for christmas when I was about 9 or 10. It was a silver utility-type belt (battery operated) with buttons that made bleeping noises, a laser (looking) gun attached with a curly cord, that also made bleeping and laser gun noises. It may have also had a micorphone (like a cabbie's radio) that you could talk into and a holster attatched to the belt to put the gun in. Looked very space-agey and was well cool. Can't remember what happened to it now though.

Might have a photo at home with me wearing it, I'll try and dig it out. If anyone could help finding out what it was called or find photo's that'd be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X