Back Your Books at School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Your Books at School

At middle school it was very poular to 'back" your work books in your Mum 'n Dad's wallpaper. This then allowed you to write whatever you wanted on them, slogans, pop bands etc..
    At our school we were encouraged to do this by the teachers and it resulted in some really awful looking books with horrible paisley patterns of beige and yellow ochre.

Re: Back Your Books at School

yep we had to do this too, and the only paper my mum had at the time, was awful (in the eyes of a teenager) I was so worried, I was gonna get the, you know what taken out of me, but my poor friends mum, had made her use a brown paper bag:cry: ,took the attention away from mine though.
    Heather

Comment

It was such a "big school" thing to do for me - did it in some dodgy wallpaper, tartan wrapping paper.....nice!! Still have my Chemistry exercise book covered in bright red 80's wallpaper with a big white blob on the cover - I'd written "Acetate did this GRRRR!!!" in the blob

Comment

Yeah we backed our books aswell me and my older brother same school same Bloody Blown Vinyl Wallpaper,for 5yrs different styles of Blown Vinyl I never knew they did so many..........

BLOWN VINYL WALLPAPER .................
        sigpic

Comment

We had to back all our books in brown paper supplied by the school, and pay 5p per sheet for the priviledge!!

Comment

Shocking that 5p could have got you 10 black jacks at half a pence each!!!
            Heather

Comment

my mom used used paper grocery bags.
              "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

This was a very embarrassing practice in my senior school.
                I still can't believe one of my Geography exercise books had our bathroom wallpaper on it!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I used wallpaper too, think it was living room's though rather than bathroom.
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Used to have the sticky see through wall protector rolls for my books. By the time secondary school started the practice was more of a voluntary one - and only the rough book was allowed to be defaced. And boy was it ever.

Comment

I used to use pages from Smash Hits or xmas wrapping paper. Couldn't be doing with Anaglypta or whatever it was called.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I remember having to do this at secondary school.

One boy used a poster from a football magazine, & the turn of the 1990s Spurs team ended up with a selection of beards, moustaches, glasses, arrows through heads etc.

I've still got an old German text book with some wallpaper on from my old room, which only a few months after it was redecorated was turned into a bathroom and shower room. You can still see some of it on the wall at the back of the shower room under sink cabinet.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

One of my mates at school backed his maths book with the centrefold of an adult magazine. I'll never forget the teachers face when he discovered it and the look on my mates face when he was sent to the headmaster's office.

I suppose we all had some crazy mates at school but this guy was up for anything - at least he made the school years bearable, lol.
                          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I made the fatal mistake of using a poster out of one of my Karate magazines.

My French teacher decided to make us all talk about what we had backed our books in easy enough for people talking about pop groups or footy teams but imagine trying to go on about a 5ft 90 year old with 2 ft beard wearing pjs lol
                            To have an idea is ideal, to have an ideal is idiocy

Comment

Back Your Books at School

When i was at school,we were told we could cover our exercise books with any picture we liked,aslong as it was decent.I still have a few up in the attic.The school did have a preference for plain covering,but we all use to wrap pictures of Debbie Harry and Blondie on our books.In the first form,i was still scared of the teachers,so i would tow the line and cover my books in wallpaper.But,as i got older,i would cover them in pictures of punk and new wave bands.
                              Anyone else cover their books with pictures? What pictures did you use?

Comment

Working...
                              X