X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Honor Blackman

Honor Blackman

Honor Blackman
    (22 August 1925 – 5 April 2020) was an English actress, widely known for the roles of Cathy Gale in The Avengers (1962–1964), Bond girl ***** Galore in Goldfinger (1964), Julia Daggett in Shalako (1968) and Hera in Jason and the Argonauts (1963). She is also known for her role as Laura West in the ITV sitcom The Upper Hand (1990–1996).
    Last edited by I. R. Fincham; 07-04-2020, 01:39.

Re: RIP Honor Blackman

Wow she was 95 years old...Forever remembered as pusy, something she's been unable to shake off since 1965!..Misspelt here because admin have deemed it an obscene word and replaced it with a row of asterisks. Firstly it's not an obscene word and secondly i thought we were all adults on here?
    Last edited by tex; 07-04-2020, 10:04.
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Sad news, she was also in the Square Peg (1959).
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
        Honor Blackman

Honor Blackman
        (22 August 1925 – 5 April 2020) was an English actress, widely known for the roles of Cathy Gale in The Avengers (1962–1964), Bond girl ***** Galore in Goldfinger (1964), Julia Daggett in Shalako (1968) and Hera in Jason and the Argonauts (1963). She is also known for her role as Laura West in the ITV sitcom The Upper Hand (1990–1996).
        I loved Honor in The Upper Hand - this was a well forgotten gem of 90s Comedy - she always had the voice of reason, just like Helen Daniels in Neighbours (as well as shey could have passed as Too)!!

I never liked Joe McGann though - he always reminded me of Richard Madeley and Phillip Schofield in the part he had in it

**On a sub-note I never knew/realized Kellie Bright as Linda on EastEnders was in The Upper Hand

RIP Honor Blackman
        Last edited by 80sChav; 07-04-2020, 13:01.

Comment

She was in an episode of Columbo, filmed in London. Great actress with a lovely voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
            She was in an episode of Columbo, filmed in London. Great actress with a lovely voice.
            That's right, watched it just recently, Richard basehart was also in it
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              Sad news, she was also in the Square Peg (1959).
              Is that the film with Norman Wisdom?

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                Is that the film with Norman Wisdom?
                It is I deed
                RIP Honor

Comment

Working...
                X