Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl Records

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    I know but we sold deck amps and speakers because we were moving house to a smaller place and we didn't have the room for the vinyl
    I had an amazing looking , futuristic Armstrad turntable .. an alloy tri - prong affair ..

Sounded unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 11-04-2020, 20:51.

Comment

Re: Vinyl Records

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      I had an amazing looking , futuristic Armstrad turntable .. an alloy tri - prong affair ..

Sounded unbelievable

But turntables don't have a sound?
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        But turntables don't have a sound?
        Well it went through a Sharp sound system but that turntable just sounded better than others I tested.. presumably all the money went into the ‘pickup’ / arm system as it was just mounted on a piece of darkwood

Comment

Back in the 70's and early 80's I had a Garrard SP25 turntable and a quad SQ amp/decoder. I only had a handful of quadraphonic records - mostly Krautrock (Ash Ra Tempel, Wallenstein and such like), but it was great to listen to "Kosmische Musik" through 4 channel sound. When I got back into vinyl a few years back and brought all my old records down from the loft, I bought a simple turntable from HMV which connects to my 5.1 surround home cinema system. I know it's only stereo emulating virtual 5 channel audio, but it does sound very good. The last vinyl I bought, a week or so after Yessongs mentioned above, was Time Honoured Ghosts by Barclay James Harvest. Think it was £2.50 in a charity shop. Not their greatest album, but 2 or 3 great tracks (notably Moongirl).

Comment

Barclay james harvest...another good band, known as the poor mans Moody blues

Comment

Barclay james harvest...another good band, known as the poor mans Moody blues
              My partner had an album by them also remember Alex Harvey,Frank Zappa

Comment

Never dug Zappa really....did you know one of his concerts was the inspiration for Deep purples Smoke on the water.......Go on..ask me why!!

Comment

Oh..erm ok...well i'm gonna tell you anyhows so Deep purple were in Montreaux recording the Machine head album at the grand hotel, Zappa was playing a show in town and somebody shot a flair gun into the roof, the fire quickly spread and the smoke from the building was seen by the band spreading across the lake...hence the song smoke on the water was concieved and quickly written, it appeared on the album weeks later...Thanks for asking :

Comment

Oh..erm ok...well i'm gonna tell you anyhows so Deep purple were in Montreaux recording the Machine head album at the grand hotel, Zappa was playing a show in town and somebody shot a flair gun into the roof, the fire quickly spread and the smoke from the building was seen by the band spreading across the lake...hence the song smoke on the water was concieved and quickly written, it appeared on the album weeks later...Thanks for asking :
                    Yeah .. it’s an interesting story .

Kinda neat apart from the deaths ( presumably)

Comment

Working...
                    X