Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Records

luxton bus depot & In The Back Of Stan's Bus

Default Vinyl Records

Hello Everyone how are you all ? . i was was just wondering if any of you collect or collected records?

i was brought up on vinyl i just love the sound the album covers etc.

i think they are better than cds In my opinion?
    what about you guys?

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Default Re: Vinyl Records

I have hundreds of LPs but alas i no longer play them,in fact i don't have a deck, i now listen to all my music via Spotify but i miss the ritual of removing an album from the sleeve being careful to hold it only by the edges and then using the anti static cloth to dust it,placing it carefully onto the turntable and placing the needle onto the record
    My wife keeps saying "why don't you flog em?" but i would never do that...too many memories, many of them bought as a teenager...happier times
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

We sold our vinyl in a car boot sale 25 years ago.

Yup, as a teenager I was massively into Hip Hop and used to get the bus into town after work weekly on payday to see what new Import 12"s or Albums they had. Each 12" import was about 5 quid which was a fair whack on my 80s apprentice wages, but i had to get the latest stuff so i could make a mix tape (as in actually mixed, not just lots of songs) with my new tracks for me and my mates to listen to in the car on the way to/from clubs.
    I didn't just have Hip Hop, I also used to trawl shops for Rare Grooves / RnB / Disco / Funk / Soul / Reggae to find breakbeats or loops I could use in my own tunes.

I still have all my vinyl, as Tex said, I also wouldn't part with it for the world due to the memories is holds. Plus back in those days, a DJ really needed to hunt down rare grooves to be able to play them, none of this stuff nowadays where the music is so readily available. The kids nowadays will never know the feeling of dusty fingers from searching through old crates.

I also still have my Technics 1210MKIIs which i will also never get rid of, they're the only thing i ever bought which retained their value. I sometimes still chuck some tunes on, we have "Discos" for our kids and friends' kids in my Games Room, which also has disco lights. The kids love a bit of Ghostbusters but get a bit bored of everything else and we resort to kid's music from youtube vids for them. But at least they get to experience "listening to records".

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Me & my Dad bought up a lot in the second half of the 1990s this way when hardly anyone wanted it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Last one purchased was an album by the band Marillion.
    Around late 80s. But I was more of a cassette tape man. Last one purchased was by The Doors in early 90s

luxton bus depot & In The Back Of Stan's Bus

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    what ....... some of them are worth a fortune now mate.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

i HAVE A MINT CONDITION COPY OF NTWICM NO1 ON VINYL, I HAD HOPED THAT WHEN NO 100 WAS ISSUED A COUPLE YEARS AGO THAT IT WOULD BE WORTH A FEW BOB BUT IT SELLS ON E BAY FOR ABOUT £15 ON AVERAGE
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Default Vinyl Records

The only vinyl I kept were a photo sleeved copy of Long Tall Sally by the Beatles plus a red ,heart shaped single ( canít recall what it is but it was a LOVE song or valentine track .)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by onthebusesfan View Post
    what ....... some of them are worth a fortune now mate.
    I know but we sold deck amps and speakers because we were moving house to a smaller place and we didn't have the room for the vinyl