Top of the pops vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the pops vinyl

Memories of those top of the pops vinyl records even though it wasn't the original artists,but they were cheap and cheerful the lads no doubt have memories of the pretty girls in hot pants on the sleeve covers lol

Re: Top of the pops vinyl

Here's the first album i bought 1972, Fantastic hits by the original artists although i do remember the top of the pops records on the K Tel label i think?
    Attached Files
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Big names on that album lots I would have been into apart from GGlitter

Comment

I had a couple of these when younger and didn't realise at the time they were not original artists.
        I remember one had Paul McCartney's "C-moon" and Neil Diamonds " Forever in blue jeans" on. Think the cover was a scantily dressed lady in the snow with a sledge.
        This was a time before the "Now" albums were able to get the various record companies to agree to their artists appearing on a compilation. I believe I read somewhere once that a pre superstar Elton John played on several of these albums...

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

I was a magnet for those Top Of The Pops albums. Seemed to just appear from nowhere. So had quite a stack of them leaning against the bedroom wall. Never purchased a single one.Guess most people brought them for "as dad would say" the eye appeal on the cover.Musically as a kid they were OK and kept us kids busy for quite a while listening to them.

Comment

I still have a few Top Of The Pops LPs,in my boxes of LPs, plus lots of original LPs from when i was a teenager, and i still listen to them,and collect anything i spot in a charity shop that takes my fancy.

Comment

Working...
            X