Prisoner Cell Block H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prisoner Cell Block H

Cll Block H was cool, i used to be alowed to stay up late for it too!

I remember the wobbley walls

Comment

Most of the cast of Neighbours were in Prisoner at one point,

I even think Madge Bishop was in it,

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderhorse View Post
        Most of the cast of Neighbours were in Prisoner at one point,

I even think Madge Bishop was in it,

She was Anne Charlston / Made Bishop) was in PCBH 3 times. 1st She played the daughter of an elderly in mate, 2nd appearance she was a policewomen and 3rd time she played the mother of inmate Reb Keanes. Reb Keanes is played by Jane Andrewartha who now appears on our screens in England as Lyn Scully in Neighbours ! It was quite usual for cast members of PCBH to appear again as different charactors over the years!

Comment

OMG is Reb Kanes really Lyn Scully, not watched Neighbours since I had kids, but I;d have never put the two together even back then!
          Heather

Comment

I don't watch neighbours - never have, but one day caught a glimpse of it and saw Jane Adrewartha / Reb Keanes in it. She is a totally different charactor to the one she played in PCBH - but then I suppose that's what acting is all about .. I am not sure if she is still in it in Australia but I think she is because I think she appears in the new channel 5 advert promoting Neighbour crossing over to C5 soon ...

There are 76 known "cross overs" from PCBH to neighbours ... that's not counting those who played very minor or cameo rolls in PCBH ...
            Last edited by Heather74; 27-01-2008, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by joybee View Post
              There was another one too called Within These Walls starring a lady called Googie Withers as the Governor. That was good too
              And far superior I thought Joybee. Fave memories of cuddling up with Nan in her bed watching this on tv with hot chocolate and biscuits and trying not to get too many crumbs in the bed.
              sigpic
              Mrs Oggy
              ~~~*~~~*~~~
              Count your friends amongst the stars....
              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Have to agree with you there Momma - now it couldn't be because it was BRITISH through and through could it ??
                Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

What a great series this was! I was totally hooked on it.

Such unforgettable characters as Bea, Lizzie, Doreen, Joan Ferguson and Vera Bennett. I really miss it.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

This is a great show.

Alot of neighbours and home and away cast members where in it.

Apparently is was only meant to run for 2 or 3 episodes.
                    ended up over 6 hundred.

watching it made you never wanting to be in a prison.

There where some pretty controversial stories as well.
                    near the end there where 3 men locked upin the prison.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Why'd the uniforms of the guards change from blue to brown? Lol.

Comment

its Original run ws from the 27th February 1979 to 11th December 1986.

there where eight seasons comprising 692 episodes in total.

regarding the uniform colour change maybe they got bored with the same colour and changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          its Original run ws from the 27th February 1979 to 11th December 1986.

there where eight seasons comprising 692 episodes in total.

regarding the uniform colour change maybe they got bored with the same colour and changed it.

It was sure a great programe Darren, you are right. I recfall through the 80s it taking an age to get to the end in the early mid to mid 90s on ITV and then Channel 5 I think it was on, or was it Channel 4?!!. My favourite characters were Lizzie Burdsworth, "Queen" Bee Smith, Meg Morris (aka Cathy Allesi in Neighbours who took over running Lsssiters for Paul with her Italian Husband Benito). Meg was great as a Senior Officer - the inmates could run ring's round her and she never truly cottoned on about thing's, a bit like Mr Scott in Grang Hill but not as soft as him.

I also like Joan "the freak Ferguson" too. It was amazing to think of her downfall as Governor and great to watch when she was on the "Inside" not "Outside"!! I bought the DVD's of it but have always been truly dissapointed how it ended as have most other great TV Show's like Bread and Grange Hill have.

On the music theme to Cell Block, I love the theme to it. I've forget the name but it is a gorgous song, with such sad but beautiful lyrics I think. I really like the line "he used to give me Roses, but that was on the outside, when thing's were different then. I wish he could again" I was lucky enough to buy a Soap's CD with all Soap theme's on in the mid to late 90s when Poundstretcher made them popular, and it has the original version of the Cell Block song on

Comment

I've never really watched this, mostly because it always seemed to be on really late at night, same with St Elsewhere.

There was a "brother" show about a male prison, but I didn't last long, even with a young Mel Gibson in it.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

yes chav it was on itv twice i remember it was on in the nineties around 11 o clock until midnight.

then on channel 5 about half 4 in the morning.

All those occasions it showed it in its entirety.

the ending theme was called on the inside and was sung by lynne hamilton.

it was also known as caged women in canada.
                              Last edited by darren; 07-02-2012, 01:12.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                                yes chav it was on itv twice i remember it was on in the nineties around 11 o clock until midnight.

then on channel 5 about half 4 in the morning.

All those occasions it showed it in its entirety.
                                Yeah great memories indeed. It was well worth staying up many a night for, even I was tired for School.

Comment

Working...
                                X