Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prisoner Cell Block H

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    I also like Joan "the freak Ferguson" too. It was amazing to think of her downfall as Governor and great to watch when she was on the "Inside" not "Outside"!! I bought the DVD's of it but have always been truly dissapointed how it ended as have most other great TV Show's like Bread and Grange Hill have.
    Really?! I didn't get to see the end, didn't get as far as Joan being Governor or ending up on the inside. Do you know which series that was 80sChav? Wouldn't mind getting the dvd.

Originally posted by darren View Post
    yes chav it was on itv twice i remember it was on in the nineties around 11 o clock until midnight.

then on channel 5 about half 4 in the morning.

All those occasions it showed it in its entirety.

It wasn't shown in its entirety on Channel 4 Darren, they just left it mid-series. Was really annoyed about that, and then just to twist the knife they showed it on Channel 5 which I couldn't get!

Do you remember Nola McKenzie? She was scary!

Comment

I don't know sadly which Series it was Claudine. It was very near the end and ita ll accounted for Ferguson's downfall is about as much as I know! I am struggling to remember whay she did , what got her put "inside", it may of been a part in bank robbery or fraud i'm thinking. I am sure if you ask Darren, he'll be able to give you a far more accurate answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
        Really?! I didn't get to see the end, didn't get as far as Joan being Governor or ending up on the inside. Do you know which series that was 80sChav? Wouldn't mind getting the dvd.
        Just had a quick look on wiki all these happened in the 'final season'
        Heather

Comment

I don't know sadly which Series it was Claudine. It was very near the end and ita ll accounted for Ferguson's downfall is about as much as I know! I am struggling to remember whay she did , what got her put "inside", it may of been a part in bank robbery or fraud i'm thinking. I am sure if you ask Darren, he'll be able to give you a far more accurate answer.
          Please don't tell me what happened!

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          Just had a quick look on wiki all this happened in the 'final season'
          Thanks Huggie, I'll look out for that on ebay.

Comment

I LOVED Cell Block H. I remember watching all the eps on the orig run. I was pretty young back then but I was always allowed to stop up cos my mum was a big fan too! hahah. Ive met Bea Smith, Rita Conners and The Freak Joan Ferguson at various memorabillia shows. Awesome people XD

Comment

Originally posted by DDM View Post
              I LOVED Cell Block H. I remember watching all the eps on the orig run. I was pretty young back then but I was always allowed to stop up cos my mum was a big fan too! hahah. Ive met Bea Smith, Rita Conners and The Freak Joan Ferguson at various memorabillia shows. Awesome people XD

Yeah it was often said the acting etc and the props were poor, but it was one fantastic show I think. Nearly 700 Episodes in only 7 year's is great going!!

Comment

I loved it when the fighting happened. Rita was soooo badass XD

Comment

I recently(earlier) did a Wiki searcxh on Cell Block H, and obviously it was the Australian versionb of Wiki. How great their site is, it put's the UL one to shame I feel. It is so colourful and not dowdy etc like I find the UK Wiki after 30 mins. A brilliant effort - i'll give it 10 out of 10, worth a look, i'd recommend any Cell Block H fan to check the site out no hesitation.

Comment

It wasn't shown in its entirety on Channel 4 Darren, they just left it mid-series. Was really annoyed about that, and then just to twist the knife they showed it on Channel 5 which I couldn't get!

Do you remember Nola McKenzie? She was scary!
                    i think you mean channel 5 not channel 4 CJ.

so you never saw it when it was on itv back in the nineties.
                    im certain both times they showed oy all the way through.

i remember near the end myra sacrificed herself as these gunmen came in loads f them.

I remember her being governor although she as not the gov for very long.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

yeo of my fave characters where bobbie mitchell played by maxine klibingaits and maggie millar who played marie winter.

hreat to see this legendaty show is still so highly thought of.

Comment

i think you mean channel 5 not channel 4 CJ.

so you never saw it when it was on itv back in the nineties.
                        im certain both times they showed oy all the way through.

Nearly. I meant ITV, not Channel 4 No they definately left it part way through on ITV (London) in the 90's Darren. Not much further than Judy running the hostel and then getting sent back to prison I think. Was really annoyed about that. Do you remember Frankie Doyle? I read she was killed but I missed that too.

Comment

Nearly. I meant ITV, not Channel 4 No they definately left it part way through on ITV (London) in the 90's Darren. Not much further than Judy running the hostel and then getting sent back to prison I think. Was really annoyed about that. Do you remember Frankie Doyle? I read she was killed but I missed that too.

Well i know both times they did it right through on channel 5.

You say in the london region they did not do it all.

but i know where iam in the ulster region they did it all the way through on at least one of the two times i seen it on itv.

yes i remember frankie.

Comment

yeo of my fave characters where bobbie mitchell played by maxine klibingaits and maggie millar who played marie winter.

hreat to see this legendaty show is still so highly thought of.
                            Indeed. as I say people "caled it" back in it's day (and for years after) but to me it has stood the test of the time, even though you can tell it is from another era/generation. A legendary show for sure.

Comment

I remember watching this about 12.35 AM,in the morning, most nights.I really liked listening to the delightful theme tune and song.

Comment

Indeed. as I say people "caled it" back in it's day (and for years after) but to me it has stood the test of the time, even though you can tell it is from another era/generation. A legendary show for sure.
                                it shows u the grim reality of prison life as well.
                                very shocking and disturbing at times it was.

it genuinely does give me an uneasy feeling.
                                but a show like this should.

Comment

Working...
                                X