Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisoner Cell Block H

Do you remember Prisoner Cell Block H?
    It was an Austrailian serial drama made in 1979 set in a womens prison. It was first shown here in the mid 80's on ITV & then it was shown by Channel 5 I think it was? Then it dissapeared from our screens never to be seen again :cry:

I used to look forward to Friday,Saturday and Sunday late nights on ITV when that was on.

Right that will do for now off for some grog.
    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Re: Prisoner Cell Block H

Yes I remember it, dont think I was old enough to view it first time round, but watched some of the repeats, which I think they may have stopped showing, before the end of the series
    Heather

Comment

Yayyy iv'e found the Prisoner Cell Block H website.......

http://www.prisoner-cellblockh.co.uk/oti.html
      sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Oh yes !! I used to be quite a fan of Bea and her cronies !
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

LOL Stock but did you join Barry and Scott's Fan club
          Heather

Comment

Oi! Vinegar ****!

Comment

hi i too watched this used to think it was ace AND I GOT TO STAY UP LATE .

Comment

You know you're dealing with some foisty Sheila's when Chrissie Latham is the fox on the box!
                "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

he used to bring me roses, I wish he would again, but that was on the outside, and things were different then.

Comment

The theme tune was really good. It was called On The Inside wasn't it? Wasn't the actress that now plays Susan Kennedy in Neighbours in it? I always thought Prisoner Cell Block H was better than Bad Girls.

Comment

There was another one too called Within These Walls starring a lady called Googie Withers as the Governor. That was good too

Comment

I remember that one..
                        GW is now 90

Comment

I think alot of the Actresses from cell block H were in neighbours or home and away lol,
                          and yep i used to watch it i was even sad enough to buy the single (theme tune) still got it up my loft hee hee

i remember Tenko too my mum used to watch that and i remember watching a few that was set in a prisoner of war camp i think was something like that
                          Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                          Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Tenko WAS the Prisoner of War camp and the majority of it was in the camp. The first few episodes showed the gathering of the detainees, then the march to the camp. The main action all took place in the camp, then you saw the release after the victory over the Japanese right at the end. It was a very good series.

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
                              Do you remember Prisoner Cell Block H?
                              It was an Austrailian serial drama made in 1979 set in a womens prison. It was first shown here in the mid 80's on ITV & then it was shown by Channel 5 I think it was? Then it dissapeared from our screens never to be seen again :cry:

I used to look forward to Friday,Saturday and Sunday late nights on ITV when that was on.

Right that will do for now off for some grog.
                              If you search on Youtube under PRIOSNER REUNION 2006 - WHERE ARE THEY NOW. You will find the most recent ever reunion of some Prisoner cast members - Maggie KP. V Lehman, Carole Burns, Amanda Muggleton. It is amazing !!!

and if you search Youtube under PRISONER CELL BLOCK H:R.I.P. Someone has posted a really nice tribute to many of the cast who are now deceased. It is a beautiful tribute but also sad as some died very very young ...

There was also an English film about a womens' prison. The film was called "Scrubbers" and a young Pat St Clement (Pat Butcher from Eastenders) played one of the screws.
                              Last edited by Heather74; 21-01-2008, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X