Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prisoner Cell Block H

Originally posted by darren View Post
    it shows u the grim reality of prison life as well.
    very shocking and disturbing at times it was.

it genuinely does give me an uneasy feeling.
    but a show like this should.
    I did'nt really watch Bad Girls Darren (if I did it was speradic i#of only like 5/10 mins at a time), but from what I can remember is, it's portrayal of Prison life was no-where near as good as Prisoner Cell Block H, though of course they were totaly different from different Country's and era.

I know Bad Girls was more of a Drama but it never trulycame across as a good portrayal like PCBH at all. For/to me it Cell Block H, is still as fresh as (storyline wise and the true grittyness of it etc) it was from 1979 onwards - even though this is over 30 years since.
    Last edited by 80sChav; 12-02-2012, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
      I remember watching this about 12.35 AM,in the morning, most nights.I really liked listening to the delightful theme tune and song.
      has a great theme tune sung by lynne hamilton summed up the show perfectly.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        has a great theme tune sung by lynne hamilton summed up the show perfectly.
        Indeed Darren. I never knew who sung the song, but I have got the theme version on Soaps CD. It is good to know who sang it .

Thanks for the information mate,
        80sChav

Comment

Prisoner Cell Block H

Am watching this again after it being on ITV all those years ago in the early-mid 90s, when I was a teenager. I had forgotten how good it could be. Yes, there are unintentional hilarious moments in it, like when the walls move when someone slams into them, but I am a sucker for a good story and this show had some bloody good stories. Not to mention the inimitable Lizzie Birdsworth, whith her wonderful expressions such as 'Ya bloody drongo' and 'Well bugger me gently'

Does anyone else remember this, or have you watched it?
          - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
          - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I have recently started to watch it again from the beginning.
            During the mid 90s I was watching it on the Anglia & Yorkshire TV regions.
            Yorkshire was a couple of years behind Anglia, the first time I saw the incredible end to the series was on Anglia in about 95-96.
            The whole thing still stands up wonderfully today, obviously it was cheap to make, but the characters are awesome.
            One of my all time favourite TV shows - total classic.

Comment

I am watching it again too, I have never seen all of the eps. The last ep I aaw from first time around, all those years ago, was someone getting flattened by a metal cupboard.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

its not been on tv for a long time the last time i seen it it was on channel 5 very early in the morning.must be at least 5 yrs ago.

there where lots of funny moments but some pretty scary bits, gritty storylines.

one sad bit was where at the end of an episode where there was a fire in barnhurst and bea smith had died in a fire trying to save other inmates.
                ferguson heard this and was very happy.
                its now out on dvd but im not sure if all the episodes have been released yet.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                I have recently started to watch it again from the beginning.
                During the mid 90s I was watching it on the Anglia & Yorkshire TV regions.
                Yorkshire was a couple of years behind Anglia, the first time I saw the incredible end to the series was on Anglia in about 95-96.
                The whole thing still stands up wonderfully today, obviously it was cheap to make, but the characters are awesome.
                One of my all time favourite TV shows - total classic.

Comment

I never realised that she died, I thought she was just transferred. That's sad. She was the best character, apart from Lizzie Birdsworth (Who has taught me some fabulous expressions) in the whole series. I have just got to the bit in the series where The Freak has just started working at Wentworth. The black gloves. Eww, she made me shudder, still does. I knwo it's only a character but she was creepy and ther name The Freak suited her.

I have never seen all the episodes, I have never seen the ending episodes either. From what I have read, The Freak tried to do a bank job, got caught and put into Wentworth. Of the people who have seen the ending episodes, do you think it could have carried on after that? Finding out how she was treated as a prisoner etc, what would have happened to her or were they right to stop it when they did?

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

hi mate.
                    yes bea weas transferred to barnhurst thats where she died in a fire trying to save other inmates.

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                    I never realised that she died, I thought she was just transferred. That's sad. She was the best character, apart from Lizzie Birdsworth (Who has taught me some fabulous expressions) in the whole series. I have just got to the bit in the series where The Freak has just started working at Wentworth. The black gloves. Eww, she made me shudder, still does. I knwo it's only a character but she was creepy and ther name The Freak suited her.

I have never seen all the episodes, I have never seen the ending episodes either. From what I have read, The Freak tried to do a bank job, got caught and put into Wentworth. Of the people who have seen the ending episodes, do you think it could have carried on after that? Finding out how she was treated as a prisoner etc, what would have happened to her or were they right to stop it when they did?

Comment

what i always wonder was,how did they manage to get so many ugly women in one program

Comment

i suppose for a prison type show it was not that hard.

but a show like that needed women who where not too pretty to make it more realistic.

you naughty girl pauline for saying that.hehe

Originally posted by paulinexsx View Post
                        what i always wonder was,how did they manage to get so many ugly women in one program

Comment

haha,it was something someone said,always stuck in the back of my head

Comment

I have always wondered how old Lexie Patterson was supposed to be when she was in it? Was 16 or something like that considering how she looked and dressed?

Even Pepe Trevor was 24-25 when she was in the series as she was born in 1960.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I've watched quite a few episodes as mum has boxsets of it, my fave character is Lizzie, she's so adorable! If you look closely you'll see the walls wobble as the set wasn't very sturdy, but who cares it was a great TV show. BTW my friend Donald The Great appeared in a few episodes, hope he doesn't mind me revealing this to you guys and girls

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                                I've watched quite a few episodes as mum has boxsets of it, my fave character is Lizzie, she's so adorable! If you look closely you'll see the walls wobble as the set wasn't very sturdy, but who cares it was a great TV show. BTW my friend Donald The Great appeared in a few episodes, hope he doesn't mind me revealing this to you guys and girls
                                Me too Nuggy - I loved Lizzy - it would never of been the same for me without her(and never was when the actress had to leave playing Lizzy) because she was'nt well in real life UI seem to re-collect

Though for all the great moments - the finale was a total out and out damp squib like most other programmes end up being I found/find

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X