Shops made of 3D card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shops made of 3D card?

Did anyone else have or does anyone remember little shops made of card that were 3D in the 80's? I vaugely remember having around 5 or so. There was a flower shop, maybe a bakery and butchers, not sure. But they were cool and I can't ever find pictures on the internet!

Re: Shops made of 3D card?

I know dad made a couple of card models of some Victorian or Edwardian shops in the early to mid 90's.The interiors were very detailed.Especially the butcher shop.

They may of come from our local museum. I will have to ask him when he's around.

Comment

Just asked dad,He cannot remember much about them apart from they were purchased as a book,then the parts were either pushed or cut out and glued together. He did say a few naughty words then went on to say that was years ago.

Comment

I think kelloggs did a series of these on the back of cereal packets
        Heather

Comment

Thank you. I somehow don't think they were from a cereal packet, but it's not out of the question. We did get Kelloggs. It's also possible they came in some kind of book. I don't remember gluing them together so they probably pushed out.

Comment

Borrowed this from e-bay.I think this is what dad used to make years back.Not 100% sure though.This one is said to be from the 1980's.

Attached Files

Comment

I’ve seen a few new construction ‘toys’ made out of cardboard rather than plastic .. I think they’re pointless as they don’t look as good , don’t ‘ play’ as well and they certainly won’t last anywhere near as long either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Were shops seriously made of 3D card? I've never heard of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
                  Were shops seriously made of 3D card? I've never heard of it!
                  Maybe that’s why we don’t see many CoOps around these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oddly my Wife was asking why the Co-op only has small shops these days.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Most of the co-op shops got closed down in this area during the 80's.

Comment

I find co-op shops too expensive, much prefer heron or b+m.
                        I can't imagine a shop being made from 3d cardboard!

Comment

I can vaguely remember these when I was a kid. There was also a farm and an airport. I think they were bought as a kit of parts and coloured in before they were assembled. They didn't appear to have any connection with breakfast cereal companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

Maybe that's why we don't see many CoOps around these days.
                            The Coop (the supermarket side of things at least) seem to be such a low profile these days - pre-Morrisons' national domination (i.e. the north only), the Coop was almost part of the "big four" of British supermarkets. The GNCS in Nottingham was quite huge up to the 1990s and then some Coops superstores closed for good and was sold to independent retailers and the off Tesco Express. On the flip side, a new Coop had opened up near where I live around five years ago and I was one of the first customers who got a free loaf of bread for my troubles - pity it wasn't the brand that I usually use but it was the gesture that counts.

Whatever happened to Leo's, Pricefighter and other regional Coops which were around in the 1980s, I wonder?
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Both the Coop department stores in Nottingham - Upper Parliament Street have been turned into flats, and the Broad Marsh one has been boarded up, probably linked to the bus station's demolition.

This is almost into "which company took over your old Woolworths store?" territory back in 2009.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X