Smart TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart TVs

Thinking of buying one but choosing one is a minefield, can't trust customer reviews anymore as there are more fake reviews than genuine ones. Does anybody have experience in buying one?...hate to make an expensive mistake!
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: Smart TVs

I've had a Samsung one since Christmas 2016, which normally performs well. Technology might have moved on since then.

They need an internet connection to be able to use the smart features, most have wifi to do this.

I mostly use mine for the catchup apps, & along with Netflix and You Tube.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I've had a Samsung one since Christmas 2016, which normally performs well. Technology might have moved on since then.

They need an internet connection to be able to use the smart features, most have wifi to do this.

I mostly use mine for the catchup apps, & along with Netflix and You Tube.
      Thanks Richard, yeah technology moves so fast, i expect in the four year interim there has been a lot of advancement

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        Thinking of buying one but choosing one is a minefield, can't trust customer reviews anymore as there are more fake reviews than genuine ones. Does anybody have experience in buying one?...hate to make an expensive mistake!
        Before I buy most things I tend to check the item on Amazon first as they have that great reviews system ..

https://www.amazon.com/smart-tv-stor...ode=5969290011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Richer Sounds is a good place to check the current models out, though my local branch is closed at the moment, but they do have a good website for checking out specs.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Depending on what you want to use it for may steer you towards different brands/models.

i.e if you're looking at gaming on it, using the smart features, actually watching 4K content or not - so upscaling performance will play a part.

Even though i hated them in the early years (we had so many returned) LG are in the top few, as are Samsung and Sony still. There are cheaper brands that perform well but i'd say don't buy anything without reading reviews and actually seeing it perform in person, with the medium you'll be using most.

Comment

All good advice....Thanks guys!

Comment

I was almost tempted to buy one online but i will resist the temptation to do so, i think it's probably better to shop instore and actually see what i'm buying, so it will have to wait like a lot of other things at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  I was almost tempted to buy one online but i will resist the temptation to do so, i think it's probably better to shop instore and actually see what i'm buying, so it will have to wait like a lot of other things at the moment
                  Maybe in a few months

Comment

Working...
                  X