Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo How do you butter your bread ?

SooooooO

How do you butter your slice of bread !?

After 40 years my lovely wife noticed just today that I hold the slice in my left hand and apply the butter ( Flora) with my right . I explained that was how my mum taught me to do it 55 years ago .. she was an army cook/ chef so maybe that was the quickest way ?!?

Anyways the wife says everyone else puts the bread flat on a plate and butters in there !?!!

PS

My mum told us that the officers got treats and they loved hot mashed carrots with melted butter and a sprinkle of pepper !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Soooo How do you butter your bread ?

If I make a sandwich or toast then I butter the bread on the plate,but if I have a slice of bread on the off chance then bread in left hand and buttering with the right hand

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      SooooooO

How do you butter your slice of bread !?

After 40 years my lovely wife noticed just today that I hold the slice in my left hand and apply the butter ( Flora) with my right . I explained that was how my mum taught me to do it 55 years ago .. she was an army cook/ chef so maybe that was the quickest way ?!?

Anyways the wife says everyone else puts the bread flat on a plate and butters in there !?!!

PS

My mum told us that the officers got treats and they loved hot mashed carrots with melted butter and a sprinkle of pepper !!

But wouldn't you have to put it down anyway in order to cut the bread?.......I use a breadboard, oh and flora is margarine
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        But wouldn't you have to put it down anyway in order to cut the bread?.......I use a breadboard, oh and flora is margarine
        Why are you cutting the bread .. it’s already sliced

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          Why are you cutting the bread .. it’s already sliced

pre sliced bread i would normally cut the slice in half....just me perhaps!.
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Sorry couldn't resist.

Warning - earworm ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBE5HNLOMMo

Comment

Working...
            X