Game Secrets and Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Secrets and Easter Eggs

Anyone have any favourites on the older games?

I remember a cheat in Kung Fu Master where you could get your character to draw a gun and shoot the enemies instead of kicking/punching.

There was also one in Spy Hunter where you could slip over to the border of the screen and just drive up the side avoiding all the enemies. I guess that was more of a bug though....

Re: Game Secrets and Easter Eggs

Mine would be the very first one I encountered, the secret room in Adventure on the Atari VCS. Put there because the programmers were not allowed credits in their games so this guy created a room with his name in.

Learning about that and then doing it in the days before the internet was thrilling as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS-HYWRdb2g

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
      Anyone have any favourites on the older games?

I remember a cheat in Kung Fu Master where you could get your character to draw a gun and shoot the enemies instead of kicking/punching.

There was also one in Spy Hunter where you could slip over to the border of the screen and just drive up the side avoiding all the enemies. I guess that was more of a bug though....
      I remember the Spy Hunter one. It was about the only way I could play that game for any length of time. Until my mates gathered round the screen, that is: then I pretended to be playing it properly. Lol

There are a few secrets in the much later Alien Shooter games and, of course, The Arcuz series. Especially Arcuz 2, which still has undiscovered things about it.

Comment

Nancy Drew 1: Secrets Can Kill
        Interesting facts:
        1. You can find the book "The Story of Her Interactive and the Making of Nancy Drew", by Megan Geiser (director of Her Interactive), and the book "Who Believes?" in the library. Caroline Keen (pseudonym of the authors who wrote the Nancy Drew books).
        2. You can call the letter numbers listed on the posters (555-toni, 555-punch, 555-punch) if you dial the numbers underneath those letters on your phone.
        A list of numbers you can call:

Aunt Eloise: 555-1204.
        Tony's Pizza: 555-8669.
        Judo School: 555-5836
        Pharmacy: 555-3784
        Detective Debronski: 555-4855
        Jack's lock combination: 555-5253 Caution! The game may be out!

3. On many of the student notice boards in the corridors of the school are mini-posters of The Vampire Diaries, one of the first games released by Her Interactive. In addition, in the library on the first floor on the table there is a disc with play free video slots , also in the library you can find the book "Vampire Diaries: Behind the Scenes".
        4. There are also mentions of - also one of the first HI games on some message boards.
        5. All the songs that come out of the jukebox player in the little restaurant are relevant. Especially Bye Bye Jake, Big Girls don't Die, Murder on My Mind, Jake and Knife.
        6. If you read the brand of a jukebox - Yurdisnan - backwards, you get Nancy Drew.
        7. In the restaurant you can see a mustard called Ned's Mustard. Ned is Nancy's boyfriend.
        8. There are shelves of magazines in the lobby and in the library where you can see magazines such as YOU and TEEN. They have real covers from '97 and '98, such as the cover of "YOU" magazine with Scott Wolfe and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
        9. The drink machine features drinks like POP (it has a logo like Pepsi), Popsi/Popsi (probably referring to Pepsi), Cool/Cool (referring to Coca-Cola), and Sport Cola/Sport Cola (7-Up).
        10. The final song in the credits was originally supposed to be a rap song, but in the end an instrumental version was approved.

Comment

One of my favourite Spectrum games was an early space shoot-em-up called Dark Star.

If you entered some specific text in the high score table, it would open a whole new program, made to look like old Ceefax pages and full of jokes and stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	darkstar.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	283495

Comment

Working...
          X