What would it cost today........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it cost today........

To see these two bands....Look at the price in 73 for a third row seat!
    Attached Files
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: What would it cost today........

Bumped.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      That said .. I do recall buying fish and chips and having change from two shillings ( 10p) !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

To see Queen today (if Freddie was still with us) would cost about £60-£80, i saw loads of bands in the 70s and probably didn't pay more than £3 for a ticket to see any of them. i used to save the ticket stubs but foolishly sold them all to a collector for about a fiver around 20 years ago.
        I saw many of the top bands when they were in there prime including AC/DC, Rush, Sabbath, Lizzy, Priest, and indeed Queen.

Comment

To see Queen today (if Freddie was still with us) would cost about £60-£80, i saw loads of bands in the 70s and probably didn't pay more than £3 for a ticket to see any of them. i used to save the ticket stubs but foolishly sold them all to a collector for about a fiver around 20 years ago.
          I saw many of the top bands when they were in there prime including AC/DC, Rush, Sabbath, Lizzy, Priest, and indeed Queen.
          Surely more than that ??

We paid £75 each to watch Stevie Wonder then £80 each to see Barry Manilow ... that was about 10 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Surely more than that ??

We paid £75 each to watch Stevie Wonder then £80 each to see Barry Manilow ... that was about 10 years ago

Look at the prices on these 70s stubs...The first one is a little hard to read....T rex , 80p
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tex; 16-06-2020, 10:18.

Comment

Did you see any/all of those ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                Did you see any/all of those ??

Queen at Manchester appollo 1975....bohemian rhapsody was at number 1 at the time, the stubs above are not mine however, just wanted to show how ticket prices have increased completely out of proportion from 80p to £80

Comment

Queen at Manchester appollo 1975....bohemian rhapsody was at number 1 at the time, the stubs above are not mine however, just wanted to show how ticket prices have increased completely out of proportion from 80p to £80
                  That was very cheap even at the time, I presume they had signed up to appear months earlier.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I would guess around £11 or £12 (he says, looking on an Inflation Calculator website).

By the way, Prince Anne and Captain Mark Phillips got married the following day after that show - I wonder whether if they were on their respective Hen / Stag Nights at the very moment when that gig was on?
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

My first gig , 1980s was UFO £3.50 a ticket
                      subsequent gigs , the price slowly crept up.
                      Just queued up at the box office or sent a letter to the concert hall and paid what was on the ticket. No Agents Fees, no Booking fee etc.

I mean booking fee? Just a phrase to extort more money from you

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
                        My first gig , 1980s was UFO £3.50 a ticket
                        subsequent gigs , the price slowly crept up.
                        Just queued up at the box office or sent a letter to the concert hall and paid what was on the ticket. No Agents Fees, no Booking fee etc.

I mean booking fee? Just a phrase to extort more money from you
                        Saw UFO /Thin lizzy double bill in the 70s, not sure exactly what it cost but i would guess about the same as Queen....IE 80p

Comment

To find out the price (at least approximately) it is better to look at E-Bay. After all, real things are sold there, and there you can take a certain reference point for prices.

Comment

Price to see Hoople in 73 was 80p, a chart single back then was around half that.
                            my first gig in the 80s was ,again, about double the price of a chart single .
                            in theory , a CD chart single today is about £4 so a concert ticket should be £8

however artists today make relatively very little on music sales. Physical cd sales are pitiful ,Digital downloads are available and can be found for free and streaming services pay peanuts. Most artists rely on airplay royalties for payment and concert sales tickets .
                            Not that I would want them but Out of curiosity , I googled little mix tickets , cheapest I could get was £119 for one. With a face value of £69 Without booking fee(?? Grrrr) and delivery
                            Before lockdown they were playing locally and I seen a mum on the train taking her two girls to the little mix gig, that’s minimum £207 for the three.

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
                              Price to see Hoople in 73 was 80p, a chart single back then was around half that.
                              my first gig in the 80s was ,again, about double the price of a chart single .
                              in theory , a CD chart single today is about £4 so a concert ticket should be £8

however artists today make relatively very little on music sales. Physical cd sales are pitiful ,Digital downloads are available and can be found for free and streaming services pay peanuts. Most artists rely on airplay royalties for payment and concert sales tickets .
                              Not that I would want them but Out of curiosity , I googled little mix tickets , cheapest I could get was £119 for one. With a face value of £69 Without booking fee(?? Grrrr) and delivery
                              Before lockdown they were playing locally and I seen a mum on the train taking her two girls to the little mix gig, that’s minimum £207 for the three.
                              Shocking....in every way!

Comment

Working...
                              X