School Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School Trips

The ulster f and t museum was wonderful lots of houses that people lived in going back like say a hundred yrs they wore the clothes people did back then they even did bread by the fire when u went in.

And u saw loads of old carts and horses etc.

A real trip down memory lane just wonderful to see.

The breakdown seems a good memory too did u eventually get to where u where going.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
    that must have been amazing going to the transport museum darren!!

At primary we had a trip arranged to york railway museum - but sadly i was poorly so could not go. Activites week in year 9 at my 2nd secondary was the best week ever - we went ligh****er valley and just did crazy arty tihings in lessons you'd never do normaly. Flamingoland was another option too i think, but you ad to choose it like in a timetable! Format!

I will have to seek out if anyone still has the booklet - i'm sure some must! What memories too! Especialy the coach to ligh****er valley breaking down and being stuck in a lay-by near ripon for hours .... No mobiles then in 1991, unless you was joey boswell and owned a car phone! Still a great great day!

80schav
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Back in the 70's, my Junior school offered two trips. France for 9 year olds or Netherlands for 10 year olds. I went to the Netherlands for a week. Coach to Dover - ZeBrugge ferry, then on to a hostel in or near Oisterwijk in North Brabant. Visited Madurodam, De Efterling, The Evoluon, Rotterdam etc., then returned through Belgium and France for the Calais - Dover crossing home.
      So here's the question... It was a small hostel and appeared to be specifically designed for school tour groups with 2 rows of white chalets, 2 or 3 to a room with a large log cabin style canteen and a similar rec building with a football pitch but I can't remember the name of it!
      Did anyone else stay there? What was it called???

Comment

Why did I miss this thread the first time around? Anyway, I think I have mentioned this before, but I will list them again...

Only went on daytrips as my parents didn't want me to be away from home for more than one day (no passport) - I won't count the ones that are already in Nottingham.

Skegness - 1984
        Twycross Zoo - circa 1984-1985
        King John Mines (Derbyshire place with caves) - 1987
        London Planetarium (I think it's now part of Madame Tussaud's these days - first ever trip to London) - 1988
        American Adventure Theme Park - 1990
        Alton Towers - 1992
        Imperial War Museum (Second trip to London) - 1993

There were probably others, but I either cannot remember them as I write this, or they were not school trips. Both London visits were linked to topic work we were doing at the time.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Kentwell Hall!

The place where they pretend to be from olden times and you'd try your best to catch them out. Of course it being near an Airforce Base didn't help with fighter jets flying over sometimes. I remember drinking water with mint in there and also having to help round up the sheep.

I remember going to a castle, maybe in Kent or Essex, I thought it was Leeds Castle but that seems too finished to be it. The one we went to was built enough to walk around (including the top, with barriers) but it wasn't livable. A far cry from Hadleigh Castle which I used to cycle to a lot in the summer holidays.

Comment

Yes, Leeds Castle is in Kent, and nowhere near Leeds - in the same way that Clifton Suspension Bridge is not Clifton Bridge (as confused by my younger self) and is nowhere near Clifton in Nottingham, and the Royal Albert Hall is not the Albert Hall either.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Yes, Leeds Castle is in Kent, and nowhere near Leeds - in the same way that Clifton Suspension Bridge is not Clifton Bridge (as confused by my younger self) and is nowhere near Clifton in Nottingham, and the Royal Albert Hall is not the Albert Hall either.
              Clifton Suspension Bridge is in Clifton, Bristol.

Comment

I know it is, but the fact that two different cities have areas called Clifton which in turn have bridges can be rather confusing to one or two people such as myself.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X