Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Comedy records

Originally posted by Wil View Post
    There used to be a great site for Kenny Everett's Captain Kremmen that had Mp3 archives of episodes from his Captial Radio show but (as it probably infringed all manner of copyright malarky) it seems to have gone now and I didn't copy them off

The link to this thread being that there was an LP of the Captain Kremmen movie (animated by Cosgrove Hall).

And I listened to the first Not The Nine O'Clock News LP just the other day. Still raises a chuckle.

To Rowan Atkinson in a chimp outfit - 'when he caught you were you wild?'

'wild, I was absolutely livid!'
    I had both the Captain Kremmen album and the Not The Nine O'Clock News album. Brilliant both of them, but that Kremmen album had some seriously racy stuff in it that me as a child of 9 probably shouldn't have been listening to...

"Captain! I've been graped!"
    "Don't you mean raped?"
    "No, there was a whole bunch of 'em..."

Good lord, how he ever got away with that stuff...
    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Around 1986 Billy Connolly released his "A Wreck On Tour" (Getit?) album when he really was at the top of his game...my friends and myself were rolling on the carpet within 5 minutes of placing it on my turntable....I defy anybody to find a funnier piece of vinyl!

Comment

I have a collection of Mike Harding recordings which I find to be wildly funny, especially the 17 1/2 stone budgie.
        Laugh and the world laughs with you.
        But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone mentioned-Benny Hills -ERNIE.

The fastest growing milkman in the west,I thought this song was dreadful when it came outDid it get to no 1 in the charts in 1971?

I only have remembered this cause I heard it on radio 2,in the week

Comment

Originally posted by Morcar View Post
            I have a collection of Mike Harding recordings which I find to be wildly funny, especially the 17 1/2 stone budgie.
            My parents took me to see Mike Harding at Southport Theatre,He was really funny,We got an album which I think was called "Take your fingers off it!"
            That was also very good.

I had the Not the nine o'clock news Hedgehog sandwich album
            and I think you can also include any of the Muppets album which I used to love particulary the chickens singing baby face which still cracks me up

Comment

Comedy Songs + records

What comedy/ novelty records by actors/ actresses can people remember?

I have one by Joan Sims from 1963 called Spring Song and it has a B- Side, Men.

She did 2 others but I can only find details for one of the singles Hurry Up Gran/ Oh Not Again Ken. They were produced by George Martin.

From what I remember it might have had the words Girl and Golden Hair in the title, but I could be way off.

Anyone able to help?

What others can people think of?

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Re: Comedy Songs + records

love this one

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Comment

Jasper Carrott Funky Moped, though supposedly most buyers got it for the Magic Roundabout B-side.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Comment

Re: Comedy records/songs

Comment

Comment

Love this one

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X