Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Were Your Best Holidays As A Kid or Growing Up

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Times have changed it was much better in the days before all this technology mobile phones on beach
    Cyber sandcastles...it's the future of sand related tomfoolery
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Tenby West Wales boat trip to Caldey Island beautiful walks

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
        Love the east coast Scarborough,Bridlington,Filey and Whitby...I go most years for a short break
        Hey ... snap ... we do those places in one day once a year in the summer hols ..

Always end up at Scarborough for tea and evening stroll ..

As a kid we went to Scarborough more than anywhere else ... we went to St Ives as we have family down there and we had a few years at Swanage mainly for the sea fishing ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          Hey ... snap ... we do those places in one day once a year in the summer hols ..

Always end up at Scarborough for tea and evening stroll ..

As a kid we went to Scarborough more than anywhere else ... we went to St Ives as we have family down there and we had a few years at Swanage mainly for the sea fishing ..

Yeah, the teapot cafe next to the fairground is good for a brew and a slice of carrot cake
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            Yeah, the teapot cafe next to the fairground is good for a brew and a slice of carrot cake
            That’s where we get our final brew of the day plus a snack before heading off home !!!

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesan View Post
              What Was The Best Holiday You Have Ever Been On As a Kid Or Growing Up ?

Where Were You A Butlins Or Pontins Holiday-makers.

or any-other great holidays with your parents or family mates etc .

would love to hear them
              Long long ago my family decided to have a really exotic celebration of Christmas they were determined to push deeper into rarely visited regions south of the Antarctic Circle. It was quite challenging but in terms of emotions it was incredible. If so to say no black swan comes I will try to make this trip happen again in May

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post

Sheringham in Norfolk is nice
                Sheringham is way up on my list of places to revisit when circumstances allow. Cromer brings back happy memories, there was a fishmonger in the town, he used to sell the kids bags of scraps/offcuts of fresh fish to use as bait for crab fishing off the pier. 10P a bag but it kept us occupied for ages, used to love crab fishing, no wi-fi or apps involved.

Comment

This photo from the 1990s is what happens when an Wild West amusement park quietly doesn’t tell the little female children they dress up that “saloon girl” often meant prostitute:

Click image for larger version

Name:	72B08532-854F-4BD0-9B62-3CAB9C1F93F0.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	285636
                  http://www.youtube.com/v/wW6mqRyWNak

Comment

Working...
                  X