Summer of 1976

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer of 1976

Great memories of 1976,long hot summer I believe we had a dry spell until Oct 76 I remember the house pipe ban,mass of flying ants,the music was fab those were the days good times.

Re: Summer of 1976

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Great memories of 1976,long hot summer I believe we had a dry spell until Oct 76 I remember the house pipe ban,mass of flying ants,the music was fab those were the days good times.
    Couldn't agree more, i have very fond memories of 1976 for a start it was when i met my best mates sister Christine, we started courting (dating) and were married in 1981, we celebrate 40 happy years next year! but of course it's the hot summer that everybody remembers (still i think the hottest on record here in the UK) and who can forget the brilliant music of the decade! ...My favourite year ever
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

It was loved 76

Comment

I recall waiting in a long queue at the school playground for access to the water fountain.
        I remember going to Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
          I recall waiting in a long queue at the school playground for access to the water fountain.
          I remember going to Brighton.
          Thirsty work

Comment

It feels like 44 years ago with the dry warm spell we've been having great

Comment

It feels like 44 years ago with the dry warm spell we've been having great
              Not really. I was in Brighton on Saturday. It was 23 deg Celsius. Actually felt a little cold in the shade.

I recall when I first went to Abu Dhabi for the first time about 7 years ago. I recall the driver meeting me at the airport and taking me to my hotel. The temperature reading on the dashboard said 38 degrees Celsius, and it was near midnight.

Comment

I remember the lawn on our garden getting so dry it had dry bald patches. Those were fun to play on with my Matchbox cars i remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                  I remember the lawn on our garden getting so dry it had dry bald patches. Those were fun to play on with my Matchbox cars i remember.
                  Our lawn is getting like that

Comment

Our lawn is getting like that
                    I just googled lawn care to work out why my grass is going brown, seems i have been over watering it...i water it daily when the weather is hot but apparently you drown the roots and should water it two to three times a week

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                      I just googled lawn care to work out why my grass is going brown, seems i have been over watering it...i water it daily when the weather is hot but apparently you drown the roots and should water it two to three times a week
                      We might RIP up lawn in back next year for astro turf

Comment

We might RIP up lawn in back next year for astro turf
                        Buy the best quality as the cheap stuff really looks naff

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          Buy the best quality as the cheap stuff really looks naff
                          Buy cheap get cheap like anything you buy

Comment

Then trade the lawnmower in for a leaf blower. We use one on the fake grass under our trampoline, so much easier.

Comment

Bliss no noise from lawn mowers

Comment

Working...
                              X