Feeding birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding birds

I bought coconut shell filled with suet peanuts etc from home bargains at 49p each I hung them from a trellis the Robin's and blue **** love them,love blackbirds they pop in the garden looking for seeds I dont mind them singing for hours,its the wood pigeons that are annoying when they start cooing early hours when you are woken up by them

Re: Feeding birds

I love birds and it's always nice to see them in the garden, they enjoy using the bird bath which is always entertaining to watch
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      I love birds and it's always nice to see them in the garden, they enjoy using the bird bath which is always entertaining to watch
      Until the neighbours cats turn up one of them was meowing like mad last night went out to have a look,she had done a sparrow in she looked so pleased with herself not me I sad bad cat go home

Comment

The Robin loves the bird bath

Comment

Blackbirds are singing now as I am typing

Comment

One of the grandparents bought my sons a Bird Book recently, so we've been checking off the birds in our garden for a while. We used to give our food scraps to our chickens, but as we don't have those anymore we feed them to the crows, there's a family of three that used to nest in a palm tree we had to get removed so they still come to visit. they're very noisy but i like them.
            Other birds we get are: Kookaburras, Doves (a family nest under next door's solar panels), magpies, mynas (common and Indian), blue faced honeyeater, noisy friarbird, butcherbirds. Sometimes we get Gallah's, Cockatoos, Rainbow Laurikeets and the like fly over.

We've also had an owl on our deck one night.

Comment

Hummingbirds are pretty but unfortunately we dont have them in UK

Comment

I see a lot of magpies in particular, i put my two finches outside yesterday as they enjoy the sunshine but a huge magpie landed on top of there cage, scared the poor things to death (not literally)
                Last edited by tex; 01-06-2020, 17:25.

Comment

I see a lot of magpies in particular, i put my two finches outside yesterday as they enjoy the sunshine but a huge magpie landed on top of there cage, scared the poor things to death (not literally)
                  Magpies are really cheekie and greedy

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                    Magpies are really cheekie and greedy
                    Yes, i prefered Blue peter

Comment

The Robin was spotted drinking water in the bird bath this morning thirsty work lol

Comment

The Robin was spotted drinking water in the bird bath this morning thirsty work lol
                        We have a little solar powered fountain in our bird bath...the birds love it

Comment

Bet they do when you think about it our feathered friends are well and truly pampered lol

Comment

Bet they do when you think about it our feathered friends are well and truly pampered lol
                            I know my pet finches are

Comment

The Robin's and Bluetits are

Comment

Working...
                              X